Are there mountains in Ohio? Ski and snowboarding?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SamIchi, Apr 14, 2008.

1. macrumors 68030

SamIchi

There's a good chance i'll be goin to school there, so I wanted to know if there are mountains for ski and snowboarding? I don't know anything about Ohio geography.

2. macrumors G5

leekohler

It depends on where you are. If you're in Northwest Ohio, good luck. It's flat as a pancake there. However, if you're going to be in the more southern portion or the eastern part of the state, there are more options. Here's one resort: http://www.bmbw.com/

3. macrumors P6

dukebound85

or just come to school here in colorado......namely colorado state lol

all the boarding you want!

4. macrumors 68020

Raid

After cruising around most of Ohio on various trips I'm pretty sure there are no 'mountains' but certain areas are hilly enough to have ski runs... I think the area would be south of Columbus. Are you going to Ohio State Uni?

5. macrumors 603

wordmunger

240-foot vertical drop? I wouldn't exactly call that a "mountain". That's maybe a half-dozen turns. I suppose it might be all right for snowboarders, if there's a decent terrain park.

6. macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, at least there's skiing. :) It is Ohio after all. ;)

7. macrumors 65816

StealthRider

Where are you headed in Ohio? There's some decent skiing in Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh, and if you go west there's a little place in southeast Indiana, which is where I usually go when I'm home. Don't expect anything massive, but skiing is possible.

8. adk
    macrumors 68000

adk

9. thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Well hopefully I get into Uni of Cinci but if not most likely Cleveland. So they're l;ike opposite ends of Ohio. I was thinking if I choose a school in a state that doens't exactly have the greatest weather, I might as well try to make the best of it by snowboarding cause I love it.

10. macrumors 65816

StealthRider

Closest place to Cincinnati is called "Perfect North Slopes"; it's about half an hour away from the UC campus if you do the drive right. They allow both skiing and snowboarding; and there's probably a deal package you can get through UC if that's where you end up.

Good Indian food in Clifton; I'm jealous. Can't get food without a car up in Rochester.