Are these headphones any good?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by psychofreak, Dec 2, 2006.

1. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Hello, I am a 15 year old on-the-way-to-audiophile, one of the worst possible combinations of age and interest. I recently saved up for a great hifi system (too about 4 months) and now I'm looking to replace my iPod headphones. The price range is around £30-40, and these were what came up on the apple store website, does anyone have any experience with these, or ideas on what I should buy instead? Thanks in advancehttp://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/6714042/wa/PSLID?mco=16A98F23&nplm=TH316&wosid=urow5QUJmLIo306wFg72QL15Elz

EDIT: Link now works again

2. polevault139 macrumors 6502

Well not knowing anything about their headphones I have used there microphones and if the quality of the headphones is anything like the microphone I say go ahead and buy them

3. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I have those headphones, just bought them when i bought my refurbed 60GB. They are absolutely awesome headphones, definitely go for it. They have great sound quality, the wires and buds are durable, and the 2yr warranty just makes it even better. You won't be disapointed with those :)

4. nitynate macrumors 6502a

Shure E2C's.

Or go with some E4C's off of ebay for just a little bit more.

You wont be sorry with either! :D

5. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Even better than the Shures are the B&O A8s. I have a pair and I wouldn't trade them for some of the more serious (and much more expensive) headphones I've listened to at times. The build quality is fantastic, much better than any other in-ears I've seen. They look absolutely the bees-knees too, which is something most headphones don't do...

6. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

"Horses for Courses"?

The A8's are nice but Shures provide much needed isolation when you're using the iPod outside to actually listen to the music, not just using it as muzak to working out. Running, sports etc, yeah... a regular earphone is better and the A8's aren't a bad example.

To the OP: The link for what you're linking to has timed out.

7. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

Ah yes, I'm similar to the OP, 13 and I bought myself a nice pair of E2c's last year. Never regretted it.