are they mac compatible

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by phantommaul, Sep 30, 2003.

1. phantommaul macrumors member

i have checked the m$,belkin and logitech mouses but they are winXP only. so i think there is only one button mac option left :(

2. junior macrumors 6502a

junior

Re: are they mac compatible

They all work in OS X.
    I'm currently using Microsoft's wireless Explorer mouse.

3. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

The BT microsoft mouse is mac compatible, but unfortunately that BT mouse of my dreams, The MX900 is not (according to the logitech website) and i dont want the msft one, because InsideMacGames, tested it and gave it medium reviews (its jerky in OS X). And that leaves the apple mouse, which i have no problem with one button, but for gaming (WC3, UT2K3,) i would rather a two button mouse. so hopefully logitech will add support for the MX900. anyone know how the apple bt keyboard is? cause i am looking into getting one.

aethier

4. Kid Red macrumors 65816

5. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

No.

They're XP only.

6. JJB macrumors newbie

MX900 works well

I just bought the Logitech MX900 and it works fine with the PowerBook and OS X. You don't get to use the two buttons on the left, but everything else works. It obviously should too since it use the HID Bluetooth profile!

Ok, so Logitech probably say they don't support it because you can't configure the buttons as you can under XP, but who cares? It is rechargeable, cheaper than the MS! Got out and get it!
    :)

7. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

what about the cruise and app switch buttons around the scroll wheel?? do they work? or configurable at least?

that's really too bad, the back/forward button is the two i used most on my MX700. :( u sure there's no 3rd party app to nake it work with safari maybe?

8. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

Re: MX900 works well

It was priced at $30 more for the Logitech everywhere I looked. I ended up with the Microsoft one. It's not too bad. It's heavy and big though, so that's probably why the reviewer said it was jerky. He might just not have enough arm strength to maneuver it. :)

MS one is good though, since it has exactly enoug buttons for left click, right click and the three expose commands. :)

Alia