Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dogday, Jan 15, 2005.
I don't want to get a 4G if there will be an update or price drop before then. Are we expecting any?
I'd guess there will be one in August/September, but nothing before that. At most, a HD bump in the near future, but no 5G or price drop. They'll get rid of inventory using the cram and jam promo, and then put out the 5G.
So no price drop either?
They won't move the iPod below the $300 price, if that's what you mean. They might make the 40 GB version be the new basic version, and stick a 60 GB one there, but no pricedrop.
This will give you an idea of when they might come out with new products.
A 60GB music iPod might be released with price drops, however iPod updates are random, and hard to tell. Even with the MR buyers guide.
At present the iPod is on top of the list/market, and the "click-wheel" is perfect. There is only one way to go from here reduce size and add features to it hardware and(or) software wise.
Then again with the whole HP and Apple issues with the price protection, indicates that Apple might be reducing the price a little bit more.
Duff-Man says...I would guess that any update to the standard iPod is going to be pretty minor anyway...perhaps instead of 20gb and 40gb they'll go 30 and 60...other than that they arer selling so well as is, and there is not much else to do to them. I'd say if you want one, buy it now and enjoy it....oh yeah!
i know some people looking for an iPod mini, but are holding off until they are updated. currently they are getting iPod shuffles for their music. the mini is what, a year old? i would guess that the mini's will be updated soon, not sure of a time frame though.
I'm guessing the mini might be updated soon to a 5 or 6GB drive. Hopefully it will have support for voice recorders like the iTalk (or even built-in, I wish). But I'm not sure about the regular iPods, or even the Photos. Probably nothing on them for awhile. I've heard rumors of HP being unhappy with their arrangment with Apple and it being about a rumored $50-100 price cut, so I'm sure we'll see in a couple of months. If you want it now, buy it now. Otherwise, if you can wait, you'll probably only be saving about $50-100 as I don't see any major changes for awhile. But who knows, maybe the next version will have a better battery or screen of some other new feature we don't even know about.
Keep watching the rumors, though I suspect they may slow a bit thanks to the lawsuits and all.
Thanks guys, I just don't want what happened when I bought my 3G, after 2 weeks the 4G came out. I'll probably hold off for a moth, just incase there is a price drop or GB increase.
Would hold off until the next round of updates.
Personally I think the mini will get an update from 4 to 5GB some time in the next month. I guess the 4G update may get the color screens from the iPod photo, but I can't really see the need for larger HD's as not many people have legitimate music libraries that big (40GB). I think that this is the reason that the 60GB iPhoto's sales have not been that great.
yeah im one of those people waiting for the mini to get updated. actualy its not for me its for my mom, im still torn between getting her a shuffle or a mini; the drawback of the shuffle being without a screen, and well my mom might want a screen to navigate. hopefully updates for the mini within the next 2 or 3 months
It appears that some updates could be soon. So if you can handle the wait, then you should be well rewarded.
Well, I'm selling my iPod next week, so I don't think I can wait
Well tomorrow is update Tuesday so you never know, however I don't think we will see any new hardware until next Tuesday.
5th gen ipods will have color screens across the board.. im callin' it..