Are you a MacAdvocate?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Drewski, Dec 16, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Found this while digging through some old boxes in the basement. Still unopened - I guess someone wasn't serious enough about their "evangelizing." :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

3. macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

I have a whole box of MacAdvocate "kits" lying around somewhere...

(Scans from a few years ago when I got it.)

Attached Files:

4. macrumors 68000

MacTech68

Hmm, Just curious as to what resolution and bitrate that "1984" commercial might have been.

Weren't these supplied within PowerMac 7300, 7600's ? I recall Game packs and other software "packs" coming with those.

5. macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

The video is really low quality. I want to say 160x120 Cinepak. MAYBE 320x240. 15 fps tops.

6. thread starter macrumors regular

"Value: Apple is concerned about your investment. That's why many Macintosh models ship with processors on daughter cards so they can be replaced with new, faster processors as they become available, without having to purchase a new computer."

LOL.

7. macrumors 6502

We also know how well that went. That's of course, referring to the PPC Ready 68K machines. They ended up getting hit with class action and Daystar came to the rescue.

8. macrumors 68000

MacTech68

Don't forget the desktop PCI PowerMacs sold from May '95 onward, the PowerMac 7500 being the first, also had CPU daughterboards. Again, barely supporting an upgrade path, it was left to third parties to pick up the slack. Though the cost was pretty steep, until the G3 arrived, by which stage BUS speeds on newer machines made the old machines even less attractive to upgrade.

But alas, the "PPC ready" was a disaster, OS support was terrible, and the performance gain was abysmal... then along came the PB190/5300 debacle. :rolleyes:

9. macrumors 68030

zorinlynx

I wonder if my ex-girlfriend from 1995-1998 or so had these discs. She'd often talk about how awesome her Mac was.

This was (in my opinion) Apple's dark age, which didn't lift until 2000 with the introduction of Mac OS X. So I'd just roll my eyes at her. And no, we broke up for unrelated reasons. But it would have been funny had it been "You didn't get a Mac! I can't see you anymore!"

Ahh, that silly flufftail...