Are You a Shower or a Bath Person?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ~Shard~, Aug 22, 2005.

1. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Hey, it's Monday, time for a fun question to start off the week... ;)

The question is, are you a shower or a bath person? When and how often do you shower? Or do you shower at all, instead preferring a nice bath? Maybe some of you are neither, and instead are a "cologne/perfume" person? :eek: ;)

As for myself, I shower every evening before bed. The only time I shower more than once a day is if I've been running or have been engaging in some activity which has left me filthy.

I prefer showering just before bed, because that way I'm not sleeping for 6 hours in my own filth and body gunk (yes, that's a technical term). I used to have asthma, and found that this made a big difference for me for whatever reason - perhaps the humidity from the shower simply helped open my airways more. Now it's no longer an issue for me, but I still like doing it - a nice relaxing way to end the day.

I'll take baths from time to time, but usually just for relaxation, not as a method for actually getting clean. Some nights I'll just light a few candles, throw on some Miles Davis and soak in the tub with my fiancee. :cool:

So how about everyone else?

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Showers to get clean. (Daily)

Baths for comfort. (Not as often as I'd like)

Edit: So, your gunk, is it unpleasantly sticky or messy...?

3. iGary Guest

iGary

Shower every morning to wake up and get clean.

Bath for when my back is acting up, I'm depressed and need to relax, or...... sex :eek:.

4. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Baths for relaxation in the evening's and showers to wake up in the morning's or after working out.......

But if i had to drop one it would be the shower's because i just find baths so relaxing :)

ShadOW

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

6. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

What a topic, and we all have strong-felt opinions about it:

Shower every morning almost religiously (except, ironically, this morning, cos I was late and I had one last night after a run).

Showers = cleaner body, more "awakening"/refreshing (baths send me to sleep), more water- and energy-efficient.

Baths good with girls however. :D

7. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Shower in the morning... (gotta do the hair, doncha know) if I did something to get myself all icky, shower in the evening as well. Take a bath maybe once every few months and I will shower before and after the bath (before to make sure I'm clean so I don't soak in my own filth, and afterwards to wash the bubbles away! :D ).

8. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I'm a shower man. Every morning before I go to work. Can't start the day without one. I'll have one before bed if I've been doing dirty work such as landscaping otherwise I'm happy to sleep in my filth :p.

A long hot bath every Saturday with the papers or a book though with the radio on. Great way to start the weekend.

9. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

shower before bed at night, somtimes again in the morning. save baths for relaxation and other activities.

10. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Daily shower, morning and sometimes evenings.
    Bath for relaxing and ;)

11. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Definitely a shower person, and always in the morning. If I've been working in the yard, or doing something else that makes me especially stinky, I might also take a shower at night before bed. But I still have to have another shower in the morning when I wake up, regardless.
    How kind of you to include our French readers in the survey!

12. mpw Guest

Only with decent water pressure, I can only get around 3bar so I'm stuck with the traditional down shower. :(

Anyways, I'm a shower morning and night guy. I'll leave bathing to the ladies and perfume/cologne to the French.

I honestly can't remember the last bath I took.

13. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Oooo, that's cold :cool:
    Definitely, shower. Who would want to soak in one's own crud?
    X

14. mac-er macrumors 65816

I thought beds/matresses were supposed to be some of the most disgusting things in the house with their dust mites, dust, a certain bodily fluid...

I shower twice a day..in the morning to get rid of bed head and the grogginess. And usually once in the afternoon, especially after a really hot/humid day.

No baths...that is really disgusting to be sitting in water filled with your own filth.

I want someone to admit they don't shower or bathe. :p

15. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Shower. Every morning. If, for some reason I miss out (one or twice a year) i feel disgusting for the rest of the day. I never bathe, though. Maybe once I OWN my own tub I will. :)

16. mpw Guest

Anyone else ever heard 'Glaswegian Shower' in reference to the application of Right Guard or Sure?

17. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Showers all the way. Usually when I get home from work or before I go to bed. I even removed the bath in my bathroom to put in a big shower, so I haven't had a bath for years. Nor do I miss it.

Not quite the same but I had a friend who misunderstood the theory that if you don't wash your hair for about 8 weeks it becomes self cleaning. Remember that one? He thought it applied to other things and didn't wash or change his sheets for 4 months :eek: He only changed his ways when no-one would talk to him.

18. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Definitely a shower person... although I've only got a bath in the flat at the mo. :(

Want to get a proper shower installed within the next two years. English plumbing can be horrible.

However, the bath is coming in handy at the mo for my post-surgical recovery.

But I always always have a quick rinse cycle after the main soapy bath. :)

19. mpw Guest

That's reminded me the last bath I took was in hospital after surgery. I had a nurse helping me :eek: and I passed out just after she removed a dressing :eek:

20. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

I'm a shower person myself also. I don't like the feel of baths nor do I feel like I get clean after I take them. The only advantage to baths is it's easier to scrub certain areas without leaning on the wall :)

$Z

21. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Know exactly where you're coming from there... :)

22. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

haha this is me too, exactly. everyone thinks i'm crazy for showering after baths. i don't want to wear a soap suit to bed tho.

I haven't been able to take evening showers since I was much younger, I just feel to scummy the next day. Plus, I shave and brush teeth in the shower, which need to be done in the morning before work anyway.

23. mpw Guest

Hope you have a quick recovery. I had one surgery that never really took and had me recuperating for 9months before they threw in the towel and sliced into me again. That 'healed' in a couple of months but I'm still left sore at times, and in fact it's one of the reasons I can't bath.

24. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Showers in the morning, as a rule. Sometimes in the evening, too, if the day's activities have made me feel particularly filthy.

Do we need a poll in this thread?

25. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

I really enjoy baths, but they're so much more time and water-consuming that I rarely get around to taking one. I've probably taken four or five since I was a kid (when I took baths exclusively). So it's a quick shower for me.

Here's a question: I always rinse off with *cold* water at the end of my shower, and recently started dating a girl who does the same thing, followed by a final hot rinse (hot, cold, hot). So do y'all keep a constant temperature during your showers, or do you do hot/cold rinses?