Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
Shower each morning. If I get particularly dirty or sweaty throughout the day I'll shower in the evening too. I always enjoy that, very refreshing.

Being 6'7" / 250 lbs baths don't work too well for me, at least not the standard size tubs. When I get a nicer condo/home perhaps I'll have a large tub installed that can accomodate my size. So no, I don't even use baths for sex. Although, coincidently a couple of days ago my gf offered to give me a bath sometime. This inriqued me - it may be worth cramming myself into these little standard-sized tubs. ;)

As for stridey's question about temperature consistency I always keep it warm, bordering on hot at times but once I set the temp I'm good for the duration of the shower.

The only exception to that rule is when I shower to cool off from hot days. I did this a lot more when I didn't have A/C but I still sometimes shower to cool off if I've been outside getting really hot and sweaty. I have two methods of cool down showers.

Option 1. Cold shower: start off will room-temp water, then move to cool, then cooler, cold and really cold as my body adjusts to it. By the end of the shower the water is quite cold, but feels so nice. My body usually stays cold for 20-30 minutes after I get out.

Option 2. Hot shower: It may seem odd to take a hot shower to cool off, but you take a relatively short hot shower to really warm yourself up. Then when you get out, the air feels very cool, it's actually refereshing and also lasts for about 15-20 minutes after you get out.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
I am a shower guy. I have to take it in the morning to wake up, but I will also take them after working out or building up a sweat to clean off. I also take them 4/5 times a day when I am sick.

As for temp, I take HOT showers to relax my muscles, but sometimes I will turn the water on cold for a minute. Usually, its back to hot afterwards.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
For cleaning myself, I'm a shower person. In fact, the only time I take a bath is with my wife. While I also enjoy the shower buddy-system, baths are more fun for those types of activities.

Plus I shave in the shower - shaving in the bath doesn't seem to be as desirable.

Oh, and I shave every morning. Except if I'm exercising or have a race or something, in which case I sometimes don't shower until later in the day.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
emw said:
While I also enjoy the shower buddy-system, baths are more fun for those types of activities.

I agree - both are good, but I prefer baths when it comes to that. ;)

emw said:
Plus I shave in the shower - shaving in the bath doesn't seem to be as desirable.

Yeah, I wouldn't imagine that would be too cool. I've never shaved in the shower, but that partly might be because I don't have a mirror in the shower, and would need one so that I didn't accidentally chop off my sideburns... ;) :cool:

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
mpw said:
As I've said I like to shower, I used to have a white plastic shower but moved to a metal silver shower. Anyboby care to comment on their preference to shower colour? ;)
Nobody gonna' take the bait?

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
~Shard~ said:
And make some comment about how instead of a silver shower they would prefer to go all out and have a gold shower? :eek: ;) :cool:
I was just going to ask if that poster meant what color head they prefer? :p

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
~Shard~ said:
As long as it's hot, I don't care!

Hmm, maybe there's another question: Do people prefer hot or cold showers?
:eek: :rolleyes:

I am a shower guy all the way. Once in the morning. Nothing more, nothing less. Get in, get out, get on...

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
i'm a bath person, i tend to do all my reading in the bath, so they tend to hit 3-4 hours more often then i would like to admit.......

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Hector said:
i'm a bath person, i tend to do all my reading in the bath, so they tend to hit 3-4 hours more often then i would like to admit.......
Gasp! But don't you get all pruney? And cold?! :eek: That's what I hate most about baths... I start feeling really cold pretty soon. :(

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
showers. in the morning. every day (though i don't always get around to it on the weekend). twice if i'm lucky enough to get out on my bike that day.

hot showers in the winter, cool in the summer.

no baths ever really, unless hot tubs count? :eek:

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
devilot76 said:
Gasp! But don't you get all pruney? And cold?! :eek: That's what I hate most about baths... I start feeling really cold pretty soon. :(
Pruney, yes. Cannot be helped. It's worth it though... :)

Cold, no. The trick is to top up with (extremely) hot water every 45 minutes or so... ;)

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Cold, no. The trick is to top up with (extremely) hot water every 45 minutes or so... ;)
But see, that falls into line w/ what other posters said about wasting water... another reason why I haven't taken baths in a loooong time and when I do it's usually when I'm staying at a hotel. :D

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
im definitely a shower person. hot enough to where i almost can't stand it, every morning. although the bathtub at my house is also a shower, and it's fairly long, so sometimes it's nice to lie down in it and turn on the shower for an hour or so :D

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
devilot76 said:
But see, that falls into line w/ what other posters said about wasting water... another reason why I haven't taken baths in a loooong time and when I do it's usually when I'm staying at a hotel. :D
Water is no problem in a town where it rains 250 days a year... :D

And the alternative is to boost the heat in the room (or more often the bathroom floor) all the way up... keeping the water warm requires energy one way or the other... :(

Either way, when I'm in the mood for a long, hot bath I tend to give a fudge about resources... ;)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
im a shower person, every evening after work/before bed. i would really like to be able to shower in the mornings, but having only one bathroom here and four people.... makes things a bit too difficult, plus its easier for me to just get up, get dressed, and go to work.

and i have to have a 'hot' shower, steam and water hot enough that it can start turning my skin a lil red after awhile. very relaxing for me at least

Otto Rehhagel

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2005
I prefer showers. I am not too fond of the bacteria frappe people call a bath. I would take Kramer's advice and use a Jacuzzi so nothing except myself can survive in the hot water that I would soak in. :D (just make sure your jacuzzi is set to simmer, not a full boil. ;) )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.