Are you a smoker?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Scarlet Fever, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Do you smoke cigarettes?

I never have, and i never will. Personally, I can't see the point; tobacco is a mild stimulant, and it does a lot more damage than good for your body.

If you voted for No- I quit, feel free to post your quitting story; why you quit and how you did it.

Congrats to those who have quit, and good luck to those in the process of quitting!

edit: dammit, this was supposed to be a poll. Could a mod fix it up for me please?

2. yanasax macrumors member

yanasax

No, I don't smoke, but once an awhile I might have a bit of a cigar.
    But even if you smoke for about 10 years, it only takes 2 for your lungs to recover, so it isn't that bad. I'm not justifying that it's right to smoke, I'm just saying, you can recover from it in 2 years (if you only smoked for 10, more than that, a little longer).

3. iGary Guest

iGary

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I think we had a lengthy discussion about smoking a little while back.

Anyway, I've tried it once or twice and just found it revolting, so I'm a non-smoker.

I can't wait until smoking is banned in pubs/clubs/bars next year here. I went out tonight, couldn't breathe properly, got sore eyes and now that I'm home I reek of smoke.

5. calculus Guest

calculus

Just got back from a couple of weeks in Scotland where a similar ban is now in force - it was absolutely wonderful and I can't wait for England to catch up.

6. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Amen to that

7. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

On the news the other day they mentioned how there have been massive improvements in the 5 year+ survival rate for a good few cancers now, with the numbers of survivors of some forms doubling or more at 70-80%.

Lung cancer, however, still only had a 7% survival rate.

I had no idea the prospects for lung cancer sufferers were so dire. I don't smoke, and on knowing that I don't understand why anyone else would want to either.

Roll on the England smoking ban in 2007, I'm looking forward to being able to go out at night without coming home smelling like an ashtray.

8. calculus Guest

calculus

It's a bit like giving up smoking...

9. Scarlet Fever thread starter macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

sorry. i searched, and couldn't find a poll. I stuffed it up anyway. mods, if you feel like deleting this thread, feel free.

10. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

I agree, I believe we came to the conclusion that smoking was cool.

:rolleyes: