are you a yuppie? gangsta? redneck?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Oct 21, 2003.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

this is obviously a spin off of the hipster thread...he he

i do not consider myself any of these but i fit into a couple of categories somewhat to people who don't know me but might feel a need to categorize me

yuppie - i was among many of the mba school dropouts who joined a startup based in silicon valley, vote democratic, drink fine wine, nu-metal music is too harsh for me nowdays so i listen to opera, natalie merchant, or the indigo girls, plus i wear khakis, no tattos, always am clean shaven, and i drive a volvo...whenever we are without a calculator and have to figure out a financial matter on the spot she says, "hey you're the mba, fugure it out!"

or

redneck - one of my two jobs is landscape gardening so i wear worn baseball caps, jeans, and i like da niners, i drink budweiser and coors to cool off, and i was born and raised in an agricultural community and i know how to rope and ride...whenever my wife and i go to a big city and i make a dumb move that she thinks is jeapordizing our safety (she's from nyc), she will reprimand me anc call me a "barn baby"...i can't see thru people's clothes, but she can always tell who is packing a nine from two blocks away...it modifies the way they walk and move and she should know being a harlem chick ;)

but

i am not a gangsta but my brother would fit that category...riced out honda, but now 200 sx, metallic color, shiny rims, tinted windows, and a stereo system built for a hip hop club, but not a car:p

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

"don't put your labels on me"

not sure why the need to fit the labels.

i'm just kinda... me... a freakass

3. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

wow, again, i don't fit any of these in the slightest. except yuppie, maybe. i listen to the indigo girls. but i'm not a democrat/liberal, so it shoots that to hell, right?

4. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

from your oversensitivity to labels and conformity, you must definitely be a hipster

hey, btw, how is film school?;)

5. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

you say oversensitivity, i say individuality.

i graduated.

6. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

I have to agree with J Lo on this although I'm more of a lameass than a freakass.

7. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

...then i should have named this thread, "are you a yuppieass, gansta-ass, or a redneckass":p

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I thought you labeled yourself a 'pants pisser'..I'm so confused...

me, I'm just who I am, I don't really fit any label except possibly geek. ;)

D

9. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

u ask my "gangsta" friends...and they'll say I'm yuppie with my red wine, choice of attire & expensive taste...

some of my family thinks the same thing...

but I'm just "me"...which sounds cliché...but I possess too many different perspectives to label myself...

I consider myself eclectic though...a bit of everything really...

10. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Aren't you supposed to have a mullet haircut to be an official redneck?

11. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

i would say maybe one out of 25 rednecks in my neck of the woods has a mullet

www.mulletsgalore.com

believe it or not, you are much more likely, in silicon valley, to see computergeeks with mullets

mulletude seems to be a way for some geeks to show you they are the real thing...that and not bathing, eating junk food, being way too skinny or too fat, being into star trek, drinking jolt or red bull, and basically not showing interest in the opposite sex (or at least not publicly) and if one is into baseball, then definitely knowing the fine print stats by heart like era and rbi stats...quick, what is bonds' rbi with runners at first and third?:D

12. vniow macrumors G4

I prefer to be called a pissy bitch freakass myself.

13. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

14. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

15. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

At least you're not blue (da ba dee...)

16. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Yuppie... well, I do live in Silicon Valley, paid fairly well, work fairly hard

Redneck... well, I do have a pickup truck, wear white tshirts and sneakers, and khakis

Gangsta... well, I do have guns, lots of guns (but I don't shoot them sideways)

17. Mac til death macrumors regular

I don't really know that I fit any stereotypes... I don't try, like most people where I live... (memphis is 60% Black 40% White) a lot of "gangstas"... I live just in the state MS state line and there are A LOT of rednecks. I just think of myself as a normal guy...

What do you think?

Let's see...

I'm a... "Southern Boy" (born, raised, live in Mississippi)

Awesome shot. (rifle or pistol)

Drive a stratus.

Carry a 4.0 (That's GPA, not a firearm. :) just clarifying since I've already stated I'm from MS and like guns...)

Don't keep up with sports, but enjoy watching.

Computer Geek (Apple since age 3...)

Conservative with a Sporadic Liberal side (Liberal Tourette's I suppose)

Don't drink, smoke, do drugs...

I like fishing...

I like a lot of different musical styles... no techno, industrial, or mall metal

Don't follow what's in style...

I wear t-shirts, blue jeans, & sneakers.

no tattoos... (that was the popular thing to do among my friends at one time... screw 'em)

enjoy history and english

Protestant

no std's... usually unshaven

6'5''... 195 lbs.

I'm going to post a couple of pictures... (so add them to the directory. :)) this one is right after I turned 17.

18. Mac til death macrumors regular

and here's a more recent picture from this summer...

19. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

I think you should post those in the actual pics thread :)

20. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i hope you're talking about your face on that part... i didn't want to know about anything else...

21. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

hey, thanks for enlightening me about gun owners of america (the white supremists, islamic fundamentalists, and gang banger psychopaths) vs the nra (responsible gun owners) he he ;)

i just met an ex cop on the internet...i think internal affairs nailed his butt for something un-kosher, and he is totally for gun owners of america and wants to arm every cop hating gang banger with teflon cop killer bullets and i suspect this ex-cop is just one lost paycheck away from walking into the nearest police precinct and blowing away every cop with his silencer uzi he thinks every law enforcinment hating extremist should have...nice guy, yeah, but for very obvious reasons, i don't want to meet him

next time there is another john mohammed, john malvo type spree, i swear to god i will call the local law enforcement and the fbi on this guy because there is nothing more dangerous than an ex-cop knocked off his pedastal with a chip on his shoulder:rolleyes:

22. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

well with those terms i could fall underneath all of them. i am clean shaven, no tattoos and the other stuff you refered to as yuppie, i am from the south (dont know if that qualifies enough for a redneck) and sometimes i can be gansta. i dont have a riced out honda but i do have a nice acura with tinted windows and a bose stereo which is more than often used to listen to rap.

iJon

23. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

im very yuppiesh....

Definitely not a 'gangsta' or a 'redneck'.

scem0

24. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I'd have to say I'm a bit of all three.

Tall, Stocky, White-Boy (6'6", 245#)
    Computer Geek, with an over critical mind, and delusions of Mechanical know-how
    Great at yard work, and carpentry
    Drives a free Ford Taurus, but wants something from GM, and GM only
    Goes to School at Kettering University (High Ranking Engineering School, formerly GMI), in Flint, MI (2nd Worst City to live in the USA)
    Work for a high-tech firm in Portland, Oregon (Sillicon Valley del Norte)
    Am an excellent shot (rifle, pistol, bow)
    Fish for fun, hike, bike, and have fun
    Swim like a fish
    Have 4 different Addresses
    Is Book smart, life smart, and a little ghetto smart (Considering my school is in the ghetto)
    Have hip clothes, and no style
    Conservative, Anti-Democrat, but not a Republician
    Listens to a radio show in Portland from anywhere in the World
    Listens to any music, except the late 70s, all the 80s, and the early/mid 90s

Thats TEG, he's one strange moth....
    Shut yo' mouth
    I'm only talking about TEG.

TEG