Are you an Apple Addict?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by shane-o-mac, Jul 9, 2005.

1. shane-o-mac macrumors regular

shane-o-mac

It all started 4 months ago when I got my Ipod Shuffle. I fell in love with the Apple store and all the cool stuff. Since then I have bought countless accessories, a Powerbook, and an Ipod photo....every time I go in the store I pick up something. I love Apples from their pure simplicity in use and design to how frigin cool the packaging is. Does anyone else find themselves obsessed? What was your first apple product and what have you purchased since?

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Look at my sig - no, I don't have a problem. :rolleyes:

3. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

If you are a member of MacRumors, chances are likely most are addicts.

I've been placed on a spending watch after I bought my powerbook. I am craving a dual G5 right now...

4. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

If I had the cash, I'd be even more of an addict. The iBook and iPod is just the beginning for years to come. Even better, my daughter loves the Mac platform - she's 11. She's Thinking Different!

5. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I don't know, I think that's almost a different addiction...

6. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

I'm unhealthily obsessed with everything apple. Which isn't a bad thing ...

7. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Yup. I've bought a Powerbook, but not much else (I'm kinda itching for a Shuffle, though). On the other hand, I can't keep myself from checking Macrumors all the time.

8. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

i've been an addict ever since i recieved my Powerbook last year

9. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Yes - I save my money and then spend it on an Apple related purchase. My newest toy is a Dual 2.3. It's sweet...

10. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

My wife tends to keep my addiction in check...

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

11. OryHara macrumors regular

im as much of an adict as my budget will allow

12. Willy S macrumors 6502

Yea!

What helps me is that my wife, who isn´t interested in computers generally, is soooo thrilled with our macs and she don´t want anything else! :D

13. Sirus The Virus macrumors 6502a

Sirus The Virus

I think you could call me more of a Mac Fanatic.

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, I'm an Apple addict. Have been since 1983 with my Apple IIe. My wife is also. How about we are having an AA meeting. Though I can go into an Apple Store, look around and not purchase anything. I visit the store a lot. My wife would purchase more, but I'm the one that holds back. It's more on the line of a new Mac.

15. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

16. inlimbo macrumors 6502

I love how you call your Powerbook an accessorie to your Shuffle :D

Apple users have a much higher brand loyalty then PC users - because the products are functional ("it just works") and are well designed. Im becoming that way but I just don't have the cash - Apple is too expensive.

17. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Hello, my name is Chip, and I am a Mac addict.

It restarted (had a Mac desktop with OS 9 back in the mid 90's - don't really know why I left) in late 2003 with a 12" PB. It went well with the iPod that I got earlier that year. In 2004 bought second hand from a MR member an eMac for my ex. They did not embrace the Mac experience and I ended up with that Mac too. This year I went with an iMac G5, a iPod mini (and the dock and lanyard - as well as the InMotion speakers), and an iSight. Bought a iPod color 60gb, but am having buyers remorse (still unopened), and a real need for the Epson P-2000 (how I wish Apple would grant me the wish to have an iPod maxi, that would be a clone of the P-2000). With the Student Union promo that will mean at least another iPod of some sort.

I am wanting a Mac mini for my home theater setup. And I look forward to next year and what the Macintels will offer for even more upgrades to my systems. As you see Apple is my poison. And heaven forbid if Apple teams with Sprint with the iPod phone.

18. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

By ya'll's terminology, probably not. I only have purchased 2 real Apple products - an iPod and a PowerBook. I can go into an Apple store, drool over a PowerMac Dual 2.7 Ghz, then go back home to my PowerBook without having bought anything. Now MacRumors addict is another story... :rolleyes:

19. El Phantasmo macrumors member

lol... I now feel like I don't have to repress my addiction!

But i also like the term "fan" better... yeah I'm an Apple Fan as much as I am a Nine Inch Nails Fan :cool:

It all started with the iBook, then the iMac and now I am trying to figure out a way to justify buying an iPod! even if it's just a shuffle!

Maybe you can even help me here.. why would I buy an iPod? I listen music on my computer while at home, on my laptop while at work and on my car stereo while traveling... help me out here! Why is it that I must buy one? Just cause I want? :eek:

20. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

I've been a mac addict since about 1986. Never looked back.

For some reason I don't see buying apple gear as an indulgence. It's a necessity like food. Geez, I do sound like an addict...

21. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

< Addict. :(

I'm seeing someone about it but he only ever wears jeans and black tops... He's not really helping...

22. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Let's see...Performa 575, Color Stylewriter 2400, PM 7200, PM G3/266, iMac G4 800, 15" PB 1.33, 4G 20GB, 1GB Shuffle, 60GB iPod Photo, iSight, U2 iPod for daughter, 4GB Pink mini for wife, 512MB Shuffle for wife, assorted "cables, cases, and docks" (oh my!)....nope, I can quit anytime I want to. :rolleyes: ;)

23. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Well on my way to becoming a true addict. Bought an iPod Mini, bought a Power Mac G5 2.3GHz DP, going to buy a 20" ACD and a new PowerBook (when they have intel chips). Plus, I have been a suscriber to Mac Addict magazine (and recently Mac World) for about 1 year now. To make things better I have convinced several people I know (work, church, etc...) to switch to Mac! Can't stop telling people about how great Mac OS X 10.4 is and how much windows xp sucks.

So ya I guess i'm an addict :D

24. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

I have that problem too. It's a hard one to resist.

25. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Sure is...oh well...