Are You An eBay PowerSeller?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by andym172, Jul 2, 2005.

1. andym172 macrumors 6502

I'm currently looking into starting up a business on eBay.

I'm now looking for software which is alike eBay's own 'Turbo Lister'.

So, to cut to the chase, is there a piece of software which you guys would recommend?

I've had a look on VersionTracker but nothing grabs my fancy.

Any other tips/recommendations would also be welcomed :D

Andy.

2. Dahl macrumors 6502a

I have the same questions.

I'm not starting a eBay store, but I sell from time to time and if I had some great software to help me sell stuff, I probably would try to sell more often.

A Google search gave me these:
    http://www.marketblast.com - looks great, kinda pricey, but NO listing fees ??? Can that be true ?
    http://www.equinux.com/us/products/isale/index.html
    http://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/

I only know very little about them and I haven't downloaded any demos, but I would love to hear more about them as well.

3. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

Oh man. Do we need to talk. :)

I have been a consultant to eBay and some of their top powersellers since late 2000, and I would be happy to help you out.

Generally speaking there are the routes you posted such as iSale which is actual software on your computer, and then there are web-based companies such as Marketworks and ChannelAdvisor. Depending on your businessplan (employees, travel, inventory and record keeping) you may want to look at these options as well.

I really am hesitant to recommend anything without talking to you and learning more about your specific needs. Feel free to PM me and I will be happy to amswer your questions more in depth.

4. Dahl macrumors 6502a

I don't have a company that sells anything on eBay, but I might have to get some software for a client soon.
    From first looks, it looks like iSale is ok for me, since I rarely list things on eBay. But Marketblast looks cool and I still don't understand how the (lack of) fees work.

If I were to contact you via PM, will you charge a consulting fee ?

5. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

iSale is a good product. It's decent software for low volume business with just a single employee.

You will always pay fees for Aanything that sells on eBay. Marketblast is either talking about fees for using their software are waived - or fees are combined if you relist a product that didnt sell thus you will only pay once for selling a product (even if it takes two tries) You will soon learn that eBay likes their auction fees and they enjoy every penny they can squeeze out of you.

Of course I won't charge for just talking and offering advice thru PM's or the forum. Thats just not ethical or een practical. I'm not a laywer :), but if we actually developed a business relationship down the raod we can talk specifics. But at this point, first impressions lead me to believe you sound like you would be too small for my services. Im just offering some pointers if anyone needs em.

6. Dahl macrumors 6502a

Thank you, D0ct0rteeth.

I looked over MarketBlast and read some of their "fine print".
    It's not for me, nor do I think it's for my client. The software seems outdated and heavy. The gui on iSale seems better.

Now the question is if iSale is better than Garagesale (from iwascoding.com) ?

You would think the eBay woman would have rushed to a hospital.

7. dr427 macrumors regular

dr427

Dragging this topic from the depths....

So, Isale or Garagesale?

For the average sell a thing here or there person? No powerselling, etc.

iSale is $40 and Garagesale is $25.

Anybody tried them both and have an opinion?

8. zathras macrumors member

zathras

I tried out both of these last night - I put up two auctions with both Garagesale and iSale.

Upon these first uses they both have theirpros and cons.

iSale definitely has more features and is better about showing you accurate previews, but I don't like the way templates are edited and wish I had more control over pictures.

Garagesale is cheaper and has a simpler interface (which I like) but again has some limitations in the pictures.

I'll see how the auctions go and play around with the last free slot to see if I can make more sense of the editors...

9. dr427 macrumors regular

dr427

Very good! Thank you and please let us know more once you use the last slot.