Are you bored at work?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Synapple, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Synapple macrumors regular

I found myself browsing the forums a lot more recently due to the fact that I've been getting sooooo bored at work these last few days.

Usually this was a secret "I'm finally back home and can waste my time the way I want to" pleasure but it is slowly switching to a good method of filling the boring times at work.

I work in a big company and deal with international industrial relations... it's exciting at times and I get to travel a lot but I'm really loathing it at the moment...

So, apart from my rant, do you currently get bored at work?

Please keep me company in these boring times... :)

Blah, what a boring thread... :rolleyes:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwn

2. Qoxiivi macrumors regular

Qoxiivi

Yep. And it's bad news as well because I work from home and I need to be disciplined.

I'm just playing guitar and watching the snooker at the moment. Oh, and posting this.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Nope. My job is awesome. Not to mention I think I'd get written up if I were sitting around on forums all day.

4. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

5. zim macrumors 65816

zim

My wife has been feeling the same at her job, bored, tired and unmotivated but loves what she does. We were taking about this last night... I actually had to double check with her that this was in fact not her posting! I think we placed the shift in feelings in part to the weather... where is the snow.. why is it so warm (MA)?? I also know that my returning to school must be hard on her. As for myself, I too have felt bored at my job, which is mostly done from my home studio... my hopes are that once I am done with school this will all change and we will begin a new page in our lives... babies :) for now we have applied to adopt a dog :)

6. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I'm too busy to be bored at work but on the rare slow day I spend my time working on honing my portfolio and working on a personal website. You could always head over here:

http://www.boredatwork.com/

7. macartistkel macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

It would not be possible for me to ever be bored because there are always a million things I should be doing but I just keep procrastinating.

I AM VERY TIRED today at work!!

8. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

If I get the chance at school I come and browse the forums, usually I am bored but I should be doing other more productive things...

9. StokeLee macrumors 6502

StokeLee

Im at home now, but yep I get so bored at work, even though i should be very busy, my post count this week from work is slowly rising.

The only problem i have is that i read something really interesting in a thread, with a link to a website, and I think ill remember that for when i get home, and have a proper look at the website, and can never find it again.

Oh well, Ill just have to read it at work from now on.

10. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I think this is the reason why my post count IS what it is. Boredom. I get so tired of arguing withbuilders and lawyers and homeowners sometimes. I hung up on a lady from Kansas today, cos she wouldn't listen to me, and her old, hick voice was driving me mad. Ah well. That's what she gets for being such an old crow in the first place.

11. Synapple thread starter macrumors regular

That's right... I get what you mean... totally!

It's not that I've got nothing to do.. I've got TONS of things to do that I'm leaving behind just 'cause I'm bored of them and don't wanna deal with them!

It sucks... still, this is a great job for several other reasons and I just can't leave it like that... guess I'll have some more good time on the forums! :D

12. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

No wonder nothing gets down in the world, everyone is over here at MR :)

13. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I am always busy and have not taken lunch breaks for years now (except for business lunches). But, I take a peak at Macrumor while I am driving as my PC has the EVO card (I am a safe and very experienced driver who racks up close to 50,000 miles per year). I hope I can slack off at work. But, I am so motivated to be productive and efficient for my employer and myself.