Are you buying a Mac Pro immediately?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by FF_productions, Jul 31, 2006.

?

Are you buying a Mac Pro immediately?

Poll closed Aug 10, 2006.
  1. I'm buying a Mac Pro before it comes out of Steve Job's Mouth

    7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  2. I'll wait for Rev B

    6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Do you think I can afford it????? NO.

    21 vote(s)
    61.8%
  1. FF_productions macrumors 68030

    FF_productions

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2005
    Location:
    Mt. Prospect, Illinois
    #1
    Just wondering how many people are going to be jumping for one of these machines when it is released..
     
  2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

    xfiftyfour

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2006
    Location:
    Clemson, SC
  3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

    mkrishnan

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2004
    Location:
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    #3
    I have no interest in one, but I hope they're great for all of you who are feeling the lust. :)
     
  4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

    iBookG4user

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2006
    Location:
    Seattle, WA
    #4
    I would love to get one but I'm 16 and don't have a job yet so I can't afford one...yet
     
  5. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

    Obsidian6

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2006
    Location:
    Laguna Niguel, CA
    #5
    i feel no need at all to change up from my current G5 as a desktop.

    it has yet to be unable to handle ANYTHING i have thrown at it.
     
  6. Danksi macrumors 68000

    Danksi

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2005
    Location:
    Nelson, BC. Canada
    #6
    I'm waiting to see what's announced and how much the entry level model will cost.

    My iMac G5 has served me well, however I'm interested in running Windows XP through Parallels/BootCamp and additional hard drive/expansion slots (two hard drive spaces in the existing G5 is not enough).

    I have a buyer for my iMac G5 and some funds, so I'm pretty much set to go.
     
  7. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

    MovieCutter

    Joined:
    May 3, 2005
    Location:
    Washington, DC
    #7
    Must...render....faster......I got the money from the sale of my Quad in a very handsome warchest...bring on the top of the line Mac Pro BABY!!!!
     
  8. p0intblank macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2005
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #8
    I would LOVE one, but I don't need it... yet. My PowerBook is a great computer. It may not be as fast as the new Intel machines, but it's definitely chugging along. :)

    That doesn't mean I am not looking forward to seeing them being introduced... because I am. And I can't wait! :D
     
  9. imacintel macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2006
    #9
    First of all, even G5s are out of my price range.

    Plus I am not interested. Maybe my next machine.

    Fact: Without diplays, a G5 can cost $20000 USD and up.
     
  10. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

    xfiftyfour

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2006
    Location:
    Clemson, SC
    #10
    :eek: :confused: did you add an extra 0 in there?
     
  11. Oryan macrumors 6502a

    Oryan

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2005
    Location:
    Lincoln, NE
    #11
    As much as I would like the latest Mac, I'm going to hold on to my G5 and build my own Core 2 Duo Vista/Linux system within the next year. You can never have too many computers. :)

    No, that's the price with two 30 inchers.
     
  12. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

    xfiftyfour

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2006
    Location:
    Clemson, SC
    #12
    even with 2 30" ACDs it doesn't come near 20k! unless of course you max everything out from apple..
     
  13. iMeowbot macrumors G3

    iMeowbot

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2003
    #13
    Add in all the toys: 16GB ECC RAM, X Swerver unlimited clients, wireless, modem, fancy Quadro FX card, 1TB of disk, and Applecare, and you really do top $18K without a display.
     
  14. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

    xfiftyfour

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2006
    Location:
    Clemson, SC
    #14
    well sure but who would buy 16GB of RAM from Apple :p

    no, I guess if that's what he meant - maxing the system out completely from Apple, then it does get close to 20k. seems a silly comment to make though.
     
  15. twoodcc macrumors P6

    twoodcc

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    Location:
    Right side of wrong
    #15
    if i had the money i would do it......but i don't :eek:
     
  16. mduser63 macrumors 68040

    mduser63

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2004
    Location:
    Salt Lake City, UT
    #16
    I have the money (that's unusual for me!), and could do it, but won't. I got an iMac middle of June, and already have a perfectly usable Power Mac G5. When it's time to upgrade my Power Mac, which will be when it will no longer run the latest version of FCS, I'll get an Intel Power Mac, but not until then.
     
  17. Koodauw macrumors 68040

    Koodauw

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2003
    Location:
    Madison
    #17
    I won't be jumping right in, but the plan atm is to pick one up in October-ish. I have no qualms about a Rev. A.
     
  18. gekko513 macrumors 603

    gekko513

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2003
    #18
    None of the above. I don't need one at the moment.
     

Share This Page