Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imazu

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2012
Couch
i am ordering the red one. bluetooth capability is a very good reason to me to upgrade from thelast gen.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
No! no way. I liked the size of the Gen 6 Nano and this is a return to the older Gen 5 Nano. It may please those who wanted the old style back but it just pisses off those who like the watch style. My only hope is that Apple will decide to redesign the shuffle line and bring back the watch style as some kind of Shuffle Pro. Otherwise I will just have to pick up a refurbed 6th Gen from the Apple store at a significant discount next year.

StingerT125

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Dutchess County New York
I'll be getting the new one in black. I also don't like the white around the other colors.

My favorite was the 3rd gen short fat one, but I don't think many people liked that one. That one felt best in my hand.

Fed

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2012
Liverpool.
I had absolutely no intention of buying an iPod until I saw the new Nano. I'll probably buy the Red one for my car and gym. With that, I'll probably size down my next iPhone.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
I got a 6G when they came out, and honestly I hated it at first. I didn't like the physical design, nor the interface, and the huge loss of features compared to the 5G. But over time, I've grown to...kind of like it. I love the size, it'll fit anywhere you have a little space to spare. Mostly, I love the clip. Just leave it on my sleeve and forget about it, and when I need to change the song, it's right there.

But this new nano is very, very tempting. Bringing back video playback is a big plus for me. I also love the new design, and the interface looks very nice (though I will have to try it out before I make a final call on that.) My only gripe would be the lack of a model larger than 16 GB. As is, my entire music collection will fit on it, but it doesn't leave a whole lot of room for video.

Also, I would miss the clip of the 6G dearly. I could buy an armband or whatever for the new one, but it's so nice not having an extra case/band/whatever on my 6G to keep it hanging on my shirt. :D

I suppose I'll have to make a decision at some point. Lucky for me, I'm broke at the moment so I've got some time to make my choice. :p

6GenNANO

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2012
:(

I am really, really upset about this new Nano! I was excited that I would be able to use a nano as a watch with bluetooth capabilites at the gym! Having the controls on my wrist while connected wirelessly to my bluetooth headset is something I was looking forward too, and apple just crushed that dream yesterday. How in the hell am I am going to use this long nano as an easy accessible watch/mp3 player now at the gym? Why does apple ignore the people who workout? Why cant Apple release a sport nano? which is the 6th gen with bluetooth?

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
No and I've owned practically every nano. I think this design is a mistake, akin to the fat nano. I'm particularly bothered by the UI and white face/pastel color combinations.

The price points suck also.

Davy.Shalom

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2008
I'll be getting the new one in black. I also don't like the white around the other colors.

My favorite was the 3rd gen short fat one, but I don't think many people liked that one. That one felt best in my hand.

That was my favorite as well! I have a perfect condition product red one, and it has actually turned to a magenta color. It has no scratches on the back because I never take it out of the case and I never use it...

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Not this year, Im sorry but touch screens make terrible music players.

If the buttons on the side can be reconfigured to function as seek buttons instead of volume I might consider it.

MVRL

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
nope, not a fan of this gen, the original design was way better and more original

the new one is the exact same design as my old Samsung mp3 player.. what a shame..

tDwSF.png

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
no, the last nano was the perfect size for me. the clip was a killer feature

MichaelSvane

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
No I'm not and I'm so disappointed that Apple chose this new design and layout and to me it signals a fallback to the iPod Nano. I believe it was Tim Cook who said that it's no task at all to make the gadgets bigger and that's exactly whats been done here.

I bought the 6 Gen iPod nano along with a wristband to use it as a watch and it works great. Only little thing missing is, as mentioned earlier, a wireless link to bluetooth enabled headphones and a less square design. You failed that one Apple, fix it

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
Just ordered a greenie, with a 30-pin to Lightning connector, and AppleCare. It's also engraved with "thin mint".

BTW, this new device DOES feature Bluetooth. (Too bad the Tech Specs page doesn't list Bluetooth. Odd that ... )

Last edited:

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
If I really wanted to watch video on the go, I could use my laptop, or tablet, or mobile phone, or get an iPod Touch. The Nano was supposed to be a very portable iPod, and nothing has been more portable than the Nano and Shuffle.

And now, it's this half-baked, half-Nano & half-Touch abortion.

pacmania1982

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Birmingham, UK
I know its not been released yet, but anyone know if you can change the wallpaper?

I'd buy the white or black one, but I'm not keen on the default color of the background

jodelli

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2008
Windsor, ON, Canada
This is the one I was waiting for, instead of the Shuffle deluxe that was passed off as a 6th g Nano.

The 6th g Nano is square, has a clip and touch controls but no realistic video capability. Call it what it is, or something new, it's not really a Nano.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.