Are You Going Naked On your iPad Or You Using A Case And Or Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by aihna, May 12, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

As title states at the moment I'm looking for a crystal clear screen protector for front and back like zagg shield.So how are you gonna flaunt your iPad?

2. macrumors 68000

3goldens

Apparently we haven't we had enough of this kind of threads that someone had to start yet another.

Infantile Dysfunction

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry if theres a similar threads.

4. macrumors 6502

Back protector from BSE and screen shield from power support with gray smart cover.

5. macrumors 6502

Do a quick search of the forum next time you have a question...if you don't find your answer, then start a new thread, otherwise you will dodge a few bullets by those who obviously saw the thread title but yet felt compelled to let you know how you've wasted their time by a redundant question, when they had ultimate control to have ignored it and moved on. Whew!

Welcome and enjoy:cool:

Oh, SWitcheasy canvas on mine.

6. macrumors newbie

I had one of those TPU cases for it but when I dropped it and cracked the screen I wanted something more durable, so I'm using the Switcheasy Canvas now and love it! Don't have a screen protector on it though. I might get one later.

7. macrumors newbie

Cover the whole thing

You can look at the switcheasy nude case if you want to keep that naked look.

I just got my black switcheasy canvas case.

8. macrumors member

Bare iPad

No case and no protector... absolutely naked iPad while using it. I've tried out many cases for iPad 1 but quickly found out naked iPad is for me. So after fitting some variegated Smart Covers for iPad 2, I wasn't impressed--rather annoying flaps had to be returned. Leather smell was great though. True, I take the risk of not protecting it but I really do enjoy using iPad fully unprotected in multidimensional space! Just my personal preference.

9. macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Smart cover and invisible shield back

10. macrumors newbie

Bse

First shipment was lost, but BSE quickly replaced. Installed front and back protector in about 15 minutes. There's no air bubbles and a slight haze here and there, but decreased a lot over night. My advice is to watch all the videos you can about installation and don't remove plastic from new unit until you have skin ready to install. I have smart cover on front as well and ordered Boa Sleeve.

Attached Files:

11. macrumors 68040

djransom

I have a gray Smart Cover and a sleeve as well. I like to keep it simple.

12. macrumors 68040

mavis

Mine is naked.

My old Ipad 1 had a matte Wrapsol on the back, which I liked very much, but the iPad 2 Wrapsols have awful corners which collect dust/lint/grunge/etc so I (sadly) can't go that route again. I bought a TPU case for my iPad 2 but I can't stand the way it wraps around the screen, trapping dust and junk in the wraparound part. I also don't like how much bulk it adds to the iPad.

So this time around, I'm going the stickerboy/Octivv route. I ordered a nice brushed aluminum film for the back (with a brushed graphite Apple logo to go with it) and hopefully it will be here soon. I just can't stand adding bulk to the iPad when, for me, part of the reason it's so convenient to use is the fact that it's thin and light - adding any bulk to it kind of defeats the purpose, I think.

13. macrumors 68040

djransom

The Smart Cover is going back tomorrow and I'll be sticking with the sleeve only. Prefer to keep things simple.

14. macrumors 68020

Power Support Crystal Film + Targus 360 + drawstring bag/sleeve (from Ebay)...

15. macrumors member

I could never go naked. I just drop things way too much. That and I sit on things and I spill things and I am just accident prone. No way my iPad would last more than a day without a cover. I even dropped my iPad out of the bus the other day. So definitely need a case.

I go with the classic MicroShell iPad 2 case. In pink of course :)
    [​IMG]

16. macrumors newbie

Power support air jacket

Does anyone know if there will be a power support air jacket for the ipad 2. Have just managed to order a crystal film (UK), but want some back protection. Tried the leather Apple cover, but returned it.

17. macrumors regular

I have a screen protector. Not to protect it from scratches but from fingerprints. It's a lot easier to clean with the protector.

18. macrumors 68020

Just a grey Smart cover. I love the thinnes, and i was always bothered with how chunky the iPad 1 got with a case. Not going back to that.

The screen should be protected, the aluminum back i found to be quite sturdy and a few scratches wont kill it( if it gets them )

Peeps, own your iPads, dont let them own you by making you overprotecting them.

That is all:)

19. macrumors newbie

go next to naked, get a thong for your ipad.

check out padlette.com
    it offers protection, great use (and carrying) functionality, is close to naked and you'll never drop the thing.

20. macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I agree with the chunky-ness of a case on the 1st iPad. This time around i'll be going w/ only the smart cover and screen protection for the back (resell value).

This will be my iPad and not anyone else's; meaning I know it won't get damaged with dirty fingers..

21. macrumors 68020

Gix1k

Naked. Black leather smart cover and invisible shield on the back.

22. hsl
    macrumors regular

23. macrumors newbie

Any suggestion for the color matching? I just bought the white iPad2 and selecting which color of case to buy (black or white)?

24. macrumors regular

Mine is not really naked. Apple smart cover with SGP body shield front and back. Most of the time i don't use the smart cover at all except if i need to prop it up for better typing on the table or just watching movies with it upright else the covers get in the way sometimes.

And yes i appreciate the thinness of it and a cover would ruin that feel.

By the way, the body shield actually gives the back of the ipad 2 a much better grip. :cool:

25. macrumors regular

I usually have it in a portfolio case, but I'm loving the thinness and extra weight loss from it being naked..