Are you happy and satisfied with your Macbook Pro 11"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by TheJing, Oct 17, 2011.

?

Are you happy with your Macbook Air 11"?

Poll closed Sep 4, 2012.
  1. Yes

106 vote(s)
    91.4%
  2. No, I wish I didn't get it.

10 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. TheJing, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

macrumors 6502a

TheJing

Just curious to know.

I'm so used to saying Pro and not Air but you guys are not stupid so you get it, I guess.

2. macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

I sold an iPad for my 11", and it's the best move I've ever made. LOVE my 11" MBA.

3. macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

They're great, but screen was too small for me. Upgraded to the 13".

4. macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I traded in my 2010 13" MBA for the new 11". Very happy with my decision.

5. macrumors 65816

impulse462

I actually gave my Late 2010 11" Macbook Air to my mom after using it for around 9 months. I really loved it, but the 13" with the Sandy Bridge gave me a lot more power and battery life so I opted for that.

6. macrumors regular

c613m

Heck yes I'm happy and satisfied with the Air 11", probably one of the best computers I've ever owned.

7. macrumors regular

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheJing

That was almost funny.

9. macrumors 6502

Very happy with my MacBook Air 11". I'd like to see the MacBook Pro 11" though :)

10. macrumors regular

i'm happy with my air..

even though its not called pro, its easily the best laptop i've owned :p

also its the 3rd laptop i've owned and the first mac :p soo.... :D

11. macrumors 6502a

GekkePrutser

It would probably look very similar to a unibodyfied widescreen PowerBook 12". Kinda defeats the purpose if it's so small in footprint but yet as thick and heavy as a pro. The PowerBook 12" was nice for its time but that form factor is on its way out.

By the way, I voted 'no', because I did wish I hadn't ordered mine and was able to return it. The screen was too small for me too, and the DPI too high. I think I'll go for the 13" now, not 100% sure yet because its DPI is also pretty high.

12. macrumors regular

I owned both and switched from 11" to 13". In a nutshell, the trackpad and palm rest were too short for comfort.

13. macrumors regular

My favorite machine so far. If I had to complain... it would be the battery that's weighing me down!

14. macrumors regular

I love my MacBook Air. It is by far the best portable machine I have owned. I t filled exactly the niche I was looking for. I am an old Dos/windows pc guy and this was my first Mac! I love my iPhone for short emails and quick look ups, but I had to have a keyboard and larger screen for word, excel and more lengthy emails. It had to be small with long battery life because I change office locations across town everyday. It is built like a tank, works all day long without a charge, has a fantastic screen which is balanced with an outstanding keyboard. What is not to like? I have the 64g base model but that is plenty big enough. My 32gig iPhone carries all my media when I am on the road. I synch th iPhone with the air when home. At home, I have a network drive for media that the air accesses. Ok I will shut up now. :)

15. macrumors regular

Yes

Other than the crappy keyboard, it's awesome. Provided my eyes hold out I cant imagine owning anything else...11.6 is the perfect mobile form factor.

16. macrumors 6502a

nebulos

i returned an 11". most people who got the 11" and didn't like it probably did the same, so I wouldn't read much from the poll numbers. (not being an 11" owner anymore, i wouldn't vote.) however, the comments seem helpful.

i really wanted the 11" and i really wanted to ignore what was, for me, the practical superiority of the 13". i liked the 11" but i got over it and decided the 13" was the better choice (for me!).

17. macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

Did you really get over it, you do not sound convincing...:p

18. macrumors 6502a

I like my MBA 11" so much that when I have to use my MBP 17", I connect it to an external 11" display.

19. macrumors 604

zap2

Yes, a fantastic warrior which I can bring with me almost everywhere. The only thing I wish was different was i7, a 256GB SSD and Thunderbolt port, but I can wait to upgrade until the hardware is clearly better then the C2D w/ 320M GeForce.

20. macrumors 68030

vitzr

I couldn't decide so I bought both.

After a fair test of six weeks, I too got rid of the 11". I still voted that I liked it because it's just a matter of personal preference.

If you don't need much of a display, the 11" will suffice.

Conversely if you plan on using it frequently the 13" is a truly great laptop.

21. macrumors regular

I love the keyboard. I was used to the older IBM
    long throw keyboards and thought I would hate these. However, I enjoy this keyboard so much I bought an Apple keyboard for my window 7 system!

22. macrumors regular

jabbawok

I had a 15" pro before this air and I can honestly say the air is the best laptop I have ever used. Portability, battery performance and power are in perfect balance. I'd like the i7 one mostly because of the backlit keyboard but the core2duo never feels sluggish. I'll most certainly be nutting the hex generation 11" air.

23. macrumors member

I had a 13 inch and decided to go 11 inch when the summer refresh hit. I haven't regretted the size difference. Lion and its fullscreen features, removed any screen fears I had. I do wish the battery were a bit better, but not enough to go with the 13.

24. macrumors member

Best portable I've ever had

For shear wow factor at the time my Sony TZ was the golden child but to be honest the strength and portability of this desktop replacement, IMHO, which we call the MBA 11" is the first laptop to hit the mark.

I rely on being able to use large graphs so having a machine like this which can drive my 30" Dell is gold! Also SSD in these is superb!

SSD is the single most important current upgrade for any user I think now.

25. thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheJing

Yea the battery isn't good on this thing.