Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Biker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
soi it has a rear camera and front camera.. whos happy :D:D:D

iFrankie

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2003
Pretty cool device.

It's a shame it doesn't have GPS. This was the first time I was really hoping for a particular feature to be added to any Apple product.

GPS would have been great for:

Navigation
Social Check Ins
Geolocation for Photos
Jogging/Biking Tracking for distance, routes, etc.

Mrfatboy

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2008
Could anybody tell if the new Ipod has a built in mic or is it still going to use the IN-Line mic. Mr. Jobs glossed over that.

I want a built in mic!

vanzantapple

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2010
USA
Could anybody tell if the new Ipod has a built in mic or is it still going to use the IN-Line mic. Mr. Jobs glossed over that.

I want a built in mic!

Good point.

Also, he didn't specify that the lower end one has the new processor and display.

Drucifer

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
Pretty cool device.

It's a shame it doesn't have GPS. This was the first time I was really hoping for a particular feature to be added to any Apple product.

GPS would have been great for:

Navigation
Social Check Ins
Geolocation for Photos
Jogging/Biking Tracking for distance, routes, etc.

While I agree GPS would have been kind of cool Apple needs to balance the features to keep the device at the current price point. The more features, like GPS, they add the higher the price goes. Plus this just means the iPhone still has this feature over the iPod Touch.

Outrun1986

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
I am assuming an app would take care of photo functionality if apple doesn't but yes, I am happy and I am buying this thing when it comes out. It will replace my flip video, congrats to apple for killing the flip video.

SlovakApple

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2010
In the heart of Europe
I am happy. The only flaw for me is the "video only" camera. Retina, A4, FaceTime...gyro is not bad too. I would buy one if had not bought one last year. :D But I will be buying one next year (I hope with 128GB then).

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I am assuming an app would take care of photo functionality if apple doesn't but yes, I am happy and I am buying this thing when it comes out. It will replace my flip video, congrats to apple for killing the flip video.
Yup, during the demo and photos you can clearly see the camera/video toggle.

I'm pumped! My touch got stolen a few weeks ago and I've been waiting.

fel10

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2010
Woodstock, GA USA
I am estremely happy with the new iPod Touch. Retina display, Facetime, and a Rear Video Camera. Day 1 buy for me. BTW, does anyone know if it has a built in mic???? I mean, if it has two cameras, it should have a mic!!!

Vesuvio Cat

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2010
It definitely takes pictures, if not iMovie can extract stills. It MUST have a mic for FaceTime and video recording.

lewis82

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Totalitarian Republic of Northlandia
http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features/hd-video-recording.html

"
Point and shoot.

An awesome view. A decked-out cupcake. Your dog looking unbearably cute. If you want to take a quick photo to upload to your Facebook page, either camera on iPod touch can also capture stills. Just tap on the screen to adjust exposure. Then post to Facebook and let the comments begin.
"

EDIT: Photos are 960 * 720 :(

Mrfatboy

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2008
It definitely takes pictures, if not iMovie can extract stills. It MUST have a mic for FaceTime and video recording.

It doesn't have to have a built in for Facetime (just use the old in-line mic) but for taking video it has to have one unless Apple believe in silent videos now! :D

Let's just all pray that Steve Jobs did a crappy presentation and glossed over all important stuff. Maybe he just thought it was obvious and did not want to burden us with the minutiae :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.