Are you having the same problem? (UB Plug-in compatibility)

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Sweetman, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Sweetman macrumors newbie

Sweetman

Hi I'm fresh to the new gear I've worked hard for. I've had my macbook pro for three months before that in Nov 05 I got my Mbox 2 w Ignition pack : reason 3 Adapted, Ableton Live lite 4 Digidesign Edition,FXpansion BFD lite, SampleTank SE, Amplitude LE, IK Multimedia T-Racks EQ, Celemony Melodyne uno essential.

Wow they all sound great and I'd love to try them, but I didn't do enough home work and it looks like I'll have to upgrade. Not sure if I should sell the Ignition pack because I don't have the cash to upgrade, it sounds like it will cost me a bundle. Next week I will have protools v 7.1 and thats going to be great it's been a long time coming as I slowly go crazy with waiting.This the whole reason I got the laptop for purely making music. Can anyone help please.:) http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

3. Sweetman thread starter macrumors newbie

Sweetman

Ok sorry, if none of these plug-ins from the ignition pack that came with the Mbox are compatible with the macbook pro should I just sell them and start again by buying new plug-ins when I have enough cash or are the upgrades for these plug-ins cheap? Just a little stumped on what the best option is.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

have you researched to see if the plugs are available as UB?

5. Sweetman thread starter macrumors newbie

Sweetman

Sorry, whats does UB stand for ? Universally binding?

6. Sweetman thread starter macrumors newbie

Sweetman

Yep

Ok yeah I'm slowly getting it now, I went to the digidesign site and a few of the plug ins in my Ignition pack are UB and there are updates.

7. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Do you have the MBox 2?

I had the Mbox 1 and found it so terribly frustrating, as well as Digidesign's lack of support that I just sold the damn thing..

Went out and got Ableton Live and life was good again..

Hope you have more success than I did...

8. Sweetman thread starter macrumors newbie

Sweetman

mbox 2

Yeah I have the mbox 2, its not up and running yet I'm waiting for my PT 7.1 upgrade then I hope I have no more delays, fingers crossed. Most of my mates have the mbox1 and seem happy with their set ups. Cheers I hope it goes well too.
    Chur bro