Are you on the "S-Cycle" or on the prestigious Steve-Jobs-Reset-Cycle?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Bobby Corwen, Dec 31, 2012.

Which cycle are you on?

1. Definitive AT&T original pioneer cycle.

4 vote(s)
  2. S-Cycle

2 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobby Corwen, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012

macrumors 68030

Jul 16, 2010
    If you are getting a new upgrade every 2 years you're most likely to be on one cycle or the other.

Most common if you're on AT&T is: iPhone1>iPhone3G>iPhone3GS(eligibility reset)>iPhone4>iPhone5

If you're not on that cycle you're probably in the alternate:

Usually you can tell if someone had the 4S they were bandwagoners after Apple went Mach Turbo 9000 on everyone but if you were stuck on a 4 cycle, you were probably there from the start on AT&T.

The regular cycle is the most prestigious for sure. Plus your guys are getting all the new redesigns one year late while we are getting them as they are invented and only have to suffer through spec bumps and gimmicky add ons while you guys have to watch as the whole world gets to play with brand new Apple creations while you wait all year long.
  2. macrumors 68030

Sep 21, 2011
    Haha, wait, let me get this straight. You're saying it's more prestigious to buy a subsidised phone in 2012 than 2013? You're kidding, right?

I buy all of my phones at full price, you must think I'm ultra hyper super prestigious then?
  3. thread starter macrumors 68030

Jul 16, 2010
    My question would then be why you are out of the norm?

Are you not in America?

Ooh that's gonna lose you some prestige points...
  4. macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2012
    Colorado Springs USA for now
    Fail troll post. Get a life guy, a phone is a phone not an item of "prestige".
  5. macrumors 6502a

Jul 21, 2010
    United States of America
    Wait, wouldn't having the latest model make you the most prestigious. Are you sure you understand this word?

To your question I'm on both.
  6. macrumors 603

Aug 4, 2011
    A smartphone is a nerd tool that is obsolete in ~3-4yrs.

There is nothing even remotely prestigious about it. Get better priorities.
  7. thread starter macrumors 68030

Jul 16, 2010
    If you have both that is most prestigious.

It's like you have disposable funds and don't have to worry about getting every other one. You just get every phone that comes out. That is ideal.

I almost did this and got the 4S but never got around to it.

But no, the next most prestigious is getting on the defacto standard legacy cycle which means you have been rolling with Apple since the beggining of the second coming of the glory days.
  8. macrumors 65816

Jul 29, 2012
    Buy an iPhone and be happy with it.

No point comparing here and there. You'll only doubt your own decision and be unhappy about it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.