are you personally atached to your powerbook/ibook

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mord, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i am and it freaks me out, i get this horrible gut feeling whenever anyone but me uses my ibook that they will break it or somthing and i avoid letting someone elce use it at all costs.

dose this sound weird or do you get the same thing?

2. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

I guess that i'm kind of attached. Having switched fairly recently I have discovered that I have named my iBook and my iMac which is something that I have never previously done with a pc. So I am more involved obviously.

They're called Carl and Bennie by the way......I need to get out more....

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

My little 12'' PowerBook is my secondary computer, so I let people use it with no problems, but if someone touches my G5 i'm not a happy camper :p

4. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

Must admit I'm much more attached (and proud and protective) of my first ever Mac - my shiny new 17" Powerbook than I have ever been before with any other laptop, PC, or PDA!

I'm very content and happily a new MacSnob!

5. howard macrumors 68020

howard

yeah i get those feelings too with my ibook, my computer is very personal to me

6. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Yes, it bugs me when someone uses my PB. It's not because I'm that anal, but, no one I know actually USES a mac. I don't want my PB to be their mac experiment.

It also bugs me when some watches me use my computer. GET THE HECK AWAY!

7. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

My PB 12" is never far from me. that may change if the tablet Mac (iPad) ever comes out.

8. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Dang right!

Haha yea... And then I'm wondering if the person is...
    a) A mac user.
    b) Trying to figure out what kind of PC has an Apple on it.
    c) A PC zealot who is preparing one of those PC>Mac comments...

(P.S. If I think this person falls into category "c" and he enters my 10 foot anti-pc-guy bubble, I'm in attack mode.)

9. zv470 macrumors 6502

Yeah, well we work hard to save for our Apple gear. So it's kinda understandable. I'm obsessed with my Powerbook and proud of the fact! :D

10. Mord thread starter macrumors G4

Mord

there was a servay done by a uk mac magazine allong time ago just when the rev.b tibooks came out, it was discoved that if you get a powerbook your happyness go's up but your sex life go's down :eek:.

11. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I can say, for a fact, that this it not true!

I'm lying

12. Mord thread starter macrumors G4

Mord

i can tell :eek:.

so what would you have in your bed a 17" powerbook or a fine woman/man

13. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Oh noes! And to think I was considering a PowerBook for my next laptop....sheesh, a close escape! :D

14. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Neither. I'll take my 12" PB.

On second thought....

15. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

I can't say that I am overly attached to my PB but it sure makes me smile when I walk into my room and there it is sitting there on the table being all pretty....ummm, maybe I am a bit attached to it *hugs PB*.

16. kasei macrumors 6502a

kasei

Wow... I thought I had lost my mind. I have had several Windows based laptops and I never cared what happened to them. When I bought my 17" PowerBook things changed. My wife calls it my baby. I go through the airport every other week and some times security will take my laptop to run their chemical test on it. The TSA officer commented everytime he picks up someone's Apple he can tell they are a little freaked out.

17. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I am as attached to my TiBook, as I am to my right hand. I don't know my laptop's network name, because my TiBook just feels like a part of me. My TiBook goes wherever I go, I only take it out of the car if I am using it, or I am worried about it getting stolen to where I am driving. (And yes, I had three pc laptops before my TiBook, and I never felt this way about those laptops, but I never trusted them like I trust my TiBook)

18. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

yes i am attached, i dont mind it when people i know and trust use it, but i am a little overprotective sometimes and i use it so much that it is basically an extension of myself by now

19. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I am attached to my pbook. If it was possible I would install an anti use device so anyone that doesn't match the finger and eye test, well lets just say the time I see them will be on the ground near the pbook unconscious. :D

20. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

I get twitchy when other people use my powerbook, some people just don't respect other peoples stuff as much as i'd like. If it were their computer they'd probably treat it different... some people wouldn't but then some people are stupid and don't take care of their expensive stuff!

21. howard macrumors 68020

howard

how bout both at once?

OH BABY!

22. Mord thread starter macrumors G4

Mord

what a 12" and a 17" two at a time baby yeah

23. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

I named my Windows PC...but really only because I got the idea from my Mac.

I absolutly LOVE my iBook. It pains me that it has to live in the basement (i can explain that one though. See, the basement has my Linux Server which I work on a lot. Basement also has a TV my room does not. Thus I spend more time in the basement than my room where my PC is. I leave my S/N on at night, so the iBook has to stay there.)

My iBook goes with me just about everywhere I go.

Mike

24. 18thTomorrow macrumors 6502

Didn't think I was until last night. My brother asked to use my iBook to IM his girlfriend while he watched the olympics. I said absolutely no. "But Rachel's older sister is letting her use her powerbook!" Um, yeah, that's nice. But there's a difference between me and Rachel's sister--her dad paid for her PB, while I saved for a year to get the iBook.
    Nobody touches the iBook.

25. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i'm definitely attached to my powerbook. i don't carry it everywhere i go (though i sometimes wish i could) but i'm pretty protective of it. my husband even knows to ask first before he tries to use it (he's a windows-only person) and he doesn't want to mess anything up or make me mad at him :p . i've let other people use it briefly to look through photos or something, and it's funny because i try to be casual and nonchalant about it, but out of the corner of my eye i'm watching every move they make with my powerbook in their grubby hands! :D

marianne