Are you sick?

Discussion in 'Community' started by PlaceofDis, Mar 1, 2005.

1. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i am, i have a nasty sinus infection that just wont go away, brings a bad cough out too, been getting a lot of fluids, tea, and vitamin C, but it just keeps coming back for more. It makes evey task seem so much harder because i am so conjested.

im not usually one to get sick, i think this is the first winter i have had something in about four or five years, i suppose its because of stress this year that weakend my immune system

what about everyone else? anyone else battleing off sickness this winter? colds? anything more serious?

lets just hope we all get better soon

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Even your 'tar looks a little peaky and pale...

3. emw macrumors G4

emw

My wife had that for about 2 weeks. She's finally pretty much over it. I've had a congested nose for a couple of weeks, but nothing too bad. Hope you feel better.

4. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Now that you mentioned it, I don't remember the last time I had the flu. It must have been at least 6-7 years ago I had a stuffy nose, headaches or coughs. But at around this time of year with all the stress of the holidays and all the food, it could make for an excellent place for germs and viruses to take over the immune system.

Drink plenty of water, take plenty deep breaths, wash your hands, avoid touching your ears, eyes, nose and mouth all help to prevent colds.

5. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I'm at home sick now to. I missed yesterday and today and maybe tomorrow. I also have a really bad sinus infection. I thought it was pneumonia but it wasn't.

I'm on hydrocodine, zithromax, prescription robitussin (Duraphen), Nasonex, and ibuprophen. Phew..

And i'm tired. If you notice some of my recent post have been edited b/c I've messed them up.

6. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Healthy, but my back's spotty again. Threw it out badly six years ago, and once or twice a year I get reminded of it. Not really bad now, but one bad move and I'll be crippled for a week.

8. PlaceofDis thread starter macrumors Core

haha yeah, well i suppose ill change it once i start feeling better, maybe to something with a bit more color to it

between school and work i just can't get a break, i think thats why i cant get rid of this thing, just no time to relax

9. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

10. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Last month I got pretty sick. Then I decided to play hopckey and it got worse. Then I decided to go skiing and it got really bad.

Im fine now thoiugh :D

11. Studawg7 macrumors regular

definitely been fighting a sinus cold since before Christmas. I am healthy, stay active, eat right (and well lol) and it really took up to this week (end of Feb/first of March) to where i wasnt coughing aka hacking, talking funny b/c of congestion, and having general discomfort. To all who might be fighting this nasty bug, I feel for you. Hope everyone feels better soon!

Cheers

12. janey macrumors 603

janey

man, when i first read this thread i thought you meant sick in a different way.

my mom's making her way to my dermatologist right now because there's this rash on her back that's been annoying her for a week.
    my dad just got over a cold
    my asthma is totally out of control

otherwise we're fine :p :D

13. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Just got over a cold.... still have some post-nasal drip. :(

14. iGary Guest

iGary

I've been using hand sanitizer for three months now.

People at work call me OCD BOY, but they have all been sick, and I *knock on wood* haven't been ill all winter. :D

15. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

Funny you should mention it, because I've been making a big-time effort to cough up my spleen for the past 4 days...

Probably shouldn't have taken that hockey referee job at 6 AM on Sunday :rolleyes:

16. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Sounds like what I have

I spent 3 days with a god awful sinus pain. It was mostly my left upper jaw but it went through to the back of my head and to the left ear and eye. It would be okay for a while then I would get violent coke up the nose pains.

I was tired lethargic and couldn't think.

It got better around day 5 and I went outside the house. I almost caught bronchitis. Coughing, sneezing, fever dreams. I am awake for most of the night and then all of the sudden in the morning I am back to the swollen sinuses no cough, no nothing.

I think its something in the bed. I'm going to wash everything see if it helps.

17. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Are you sick?

Sick of working! :D Otherwise healthy; knock on wood.

18. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Are you sick?

Yeah, as a dog.... Been off work with this damn bug for a week now and I still can't shake it. Goddamn virus takes one look at antibiotics and goes 'YUM'.....

:( :mad:

19. PlaceofDis thread starter macrumors Core

at least we know that we aren't alone, to those that are not sick, you are lucky and take care that you dont get sick

to those of us that are, lets all just hope we get better soon, i wish i could go take a nap, but work is where i have to go, boo work

20. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

ruptured my eardrum awhile ago and had a wicked infection... on top of that, i'm still a bit congested from a cold i've had all month. :rolleyes:

21. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I'm sorry to hear that you are under the weather (what an odd expression that is), PlaceofDis. I hope you washed your hands before typing your post so you don't infect members reading this thread.

At what exact minute of which exact day is flu season over?

22. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

The word sick still makes me laugh. In Turkish it means F**k and it always raised a smile on my mother-in-laws face when I told her I was feeling a little sick.

23. emw macrumors G4

emw

There are several ideas, but here is one I've heard many times before. Essentially, people think it harkens back to "under the weather bow," which is the area of the ship that took the brunt of rough seas (i.e., refers to seasickness).

24. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i havent been seriously in in about 2 years!!! not bad

25. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Misery loves company!!

Been sick all of '05 it seems...

Respiratory infection for about 3 weeks. Took 2 kinds of antibiotics to kill it.

Healthy for less than 2 weeks and the snot comes back as a viral infection instead, bringing cough, sore throat, stuffy nose and hoarseness with it. Nasty and inconvenient, but NOTHING like the bacterial mess, but it scares me every time I cough up something that looks like a chunk of guacamole that's been left in the sun.

At this time of year, having a kid in elementary school is like having to defuse a bomb every day. Eventually, something's gonna get you...

I must be completely healthy by March 26th for Sugar Mom's "Split Thy Skull" barleywine festival...