Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you using iOS 7 as a daily driver?

• Yes

Votes: 562 78.3%
  • No

Votes: 71 9.9%
  • I'm waiting till the next beta / a future beta comes out

Votes: 85 11.8%

• Total voters

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
florida
Daily business and personal phone, I am on it 24/7 doing everything, I noticed the following:

pics through photos app to text or imessage is obviously an issue

battery life a huge issue

occasional restarts

photos app has lots of bugs i.e. cant go back from the Collections Moments Years, have to restart app

Fonts and spacing is way off all over

Keyboard works in some places older one is present in others

Is it me or does the camera take better pics on this new OS?

Instagram gray pic issues

Plenty of other issues others have discussed but as many said, for a beta 1 its pretty darn good and will only get better.

The sliding bar for answering calls and unlocking screen is there but transparent t in a way, will they keep it like that? I feel like these are some good things but MAY confuse the older crowd thats finally comfy and use to iphone OS

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Daily business and personal phone, I am on it 24/7 doing everything, I noticed the following:

pics through photos app to text or imessage is obviously an issue

battery life a huge issue

occasional restarts

photos app has lots of bugs i.e. cant go back from the Collections Moments Years, have to restart app

Fonts and spacing is way off all over

Keyboard works in some places older one is present in others

Is it me or does the camera take better pics on this new OS?

Instagram gray pic issues

Plenty of other issues others have discussed but as many said, for a beta 1 its pretty darn good and will only get better.

The sliding bar for answering calls and unlocking screen is there but transparent t in a way, will they keep it like that? I feel like these are some good things but MAY confuse the older crowd thats finally comfy and use to iphone OS

Sounds like everything you should expect with beta software :p

Chairman Plow

macrumors regular
May 15, 2008
CT
Even with the occasional hiccups mentioned already, it's surprisingly smooth. I like it and will keep it as my daily until I need to change it.

shooter03

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2013
Pakenham, Victoria,Australia
I'm loving it. Battery seems about the same for me. Few little glitches but for a beta it's smooth and pretty stable. It's only gonna get better from here. I can't really see myself going back to iOS 6 unless future betas really mess something up.

mac00l

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2011
Yeah I do.

For being a beta is amazingly stable. Most bugs are on the non-critical path.

IT companies should put an eye on how Apple do things. A shame that a beta is far more stable than final releases from other companies.

applematic

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2011
Used it almost all day today...

This is a set up as new phone with minimal apps installed.

Used it for GPS 49 miles back and forth with spotify. Some phone calling. Lots of texts and emails.

The new UI is great. Even as a beta it is way more functional than 6.1.4.

No unexpected restarts for me although it did have a tough time in the dialer a few times. Power cycled and it was fine. Battery life is atrocious. Charged it twice. But. After all it is a beta.

For a beta it's more stable than most finalized android os's

Can't wait for the iPad versions to be released as well as what they have in store for the final release. If anything...

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I am too. The only real gripe I have is find my iPhone not working and I can't download the new beta in the dev center. Besides that, everything else works for day to day use for me. And that's besides the small bugs and battery drain issue.

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
Daily driver here so far also. Seen one springboard refresh. Couple glitches in the messaging app. iTunes radio I love and over all the new interface is appealing to me. Battery seems a bit iffy but I'm near a charger all day. GPS seems to randomly do what it wants. Animations seem a little slow. Overall I love it and plan on keeping it.

dt808

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Definitely want to try it out, but before I do..

Can anyone confirm that whatsapp is working on iOS7? All my damn friends use it to communicate.

Thanks!

ek9max

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2011
Day one done. Stock apps are great. 3rd party apps crash a lot.

My advice is not to use it if you depends on a lot of apps.

itsLouieV

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
yep. had some troubles earlier, but after a few settings resets and network resets its up and running and quite stable.

ontheplains

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2009
I've had it going for a day and minus a few inconsequential app crashes and (quick) restarts, along with a few hiccups when opening apps, it's gone quite well for me. I enjoy 7 enough already that I'm willing to put up with that kind of stuff until it gets better. I may go back at some point, but certainly haven't found a reason to yet.

MaxMike

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2009
First time using an iOS Beta and I am pleased with iOS7. Stability doesn't seem to be a horrible issue, although small things like Messages not scrolling to the very bottom an inconsistencies among some apps (FaceBook and Twitter seem to load a new top bar, but then it switches to the old style), but I don't expect all apps to work perfectly with an iOS that isn't officially released yet. Battery seems to be about what 6.1.4 offered on my iPhone 5 so that's not a big issue. Loving Control Center and the updated UI, as the old one was getting a little long in the tooth. One thing I'd prefer is faster animations like when unlocking to the home screen since they can take an extra moment or two that I'm not used to. Also would like the Tweet button back in the Notification Center since I became so accustomed to it, but I I can cope with opening the app. The app waiting problem that people have been experiencing haven't happened much (with 5 apps yesterday and one today) so it's not horrible, and I only had like one springboard crash although that was with me playing with it constantly. Can't wait to see what else is to come until the fall.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
I am.

I've had very few issues with it, aside from what's already been reported. Now that I've got iMessage working, I'm sticking with it.

Love the new UI and subtle animations. Safari is much improved also.

The next few betas will be quite substantial I think, to fix all the issues. Looking forward to beta 2!

The Tos

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Buffalo, New York
Yes, I am using it daily as well. Besides the aforementioned bugs, my only issue is the battery. My battery life has been spotty at best. I feel like sometimes it drains very fast and others its stable. I watched the battery go from 57-47 just from switching applications. I tried running the battery down to cycle it and the phone dies around 16-14%. It turns off and displays the image of the battery needing to be plugged in. As soon as I plug it in, the phone turns on and is operational again. So all in all, this is a very stable beta from my past experiences. Looking forward to a great new UI and new OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.