Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

papolo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
Pacific Ocean
Of course, there is not like a Mac. Love it

now that i use mac for 2 years, it is very hard to turn back on PC's...

I just bought the Albook17 and I just read that the G4 processor is not quite big as it seems and the Gforce 4 go is not even close to performance of the Ati card graphic that the PB15 offers...

was it a good choice? how about last vaio series comparaison?? what about the coming soon mac generation? differences will be enormous?

Am I talking s***t??

thanks a lot

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
I think the next generation of systems, based on newer processors and motherboards, will be a huge boost in performance.

I absolutely love the iBook I just got even though I knew that it wasn't that powerful.

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
Penryn
Re: Aren't you happy with Mac?

Originally posted by papolo
Of course, there is not like a Mac. Love it

now that i use mac for 2 years, it is very hard to turn back on PC's...

I just bought the Albook17 and I just read that the G4 processor is not quite big as it seems and the Gforce 4 go is not even close to performance of the Ati card graphic that the PB15 offers...

was it a good choice? how about last vaio series comparaison?? what about the coming soon mac generation? differences will be enormous?

Am I talking s***t??

thanks a lot

Buying a computer or any technology that is in continual development is always risky in that something "new" might come out. Apple computers are known for their long lifetimes and Apple continues to support a lot of older hardware/software. Are you happy with what you bought, does it do what you want it to? That's what counts. Sure, Apple may introduce something entirely new tomorrow but it will most likely be something that can be used with the computer you bought today.

I love the 17" PB and envy you your purchase!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.