Arg! powerbook power issues

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by comictimes, Jul 6, 2004.

1. macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2004
    Berkeley, California
    Ok, so, basically since I got it, my power adapter for my powerbook was weird, and when I inserted it, a lot of the time I would have to twist it around in order for the light showing it is giving power to light up. about 2 months ago, the adapter died entirely, and just wouldn't give power. So I called up apple, since I was still within the year since I bought the computer, and they sent me a replacement adapter, which worked quite well. Soon however, I had to twist this one to get it to light up, just like the last. But it still worked so I didn't mind. However, today it went really weird. The light is on the power adapter, saying it is charging, but the computer is losing power, and doesn't detect any charger! Luckily I have another charger that is for the car, but which also has and AC adapter, and that works. Is there anyything I can do to make my old power adapter work, or will I have to get ANOTHER replacement from Apple?! Thanks for any advice.
  2. macrumors 68000

Sep 30, 2003
    Providence, RI
    It sounds like you may be having problems with the computer itself. I doubt you would get two faulty adapters in a row. Try calling apple to see if you can send in your powerbook. Good luck.