"argh! they've discontinued what" venting thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by hana, Jun 27, 2006.

1. hana macrumors regular

The other day, I went to the California Pizza Kitchen (a chain of california style (mish mash) eating establishments) and found that they have discontinued the Peking Duck Pizza :eek:

So here I am venting (and look forward to hearing from you purists about how you can't put peking duck on the pizza...honestly for me, it was just having duck and hoisin sauce)

Which brings up the question, "what thing has some company in the general marketplace discontinued that you really liked & now what do you do?"

As for myself....guess it will be the cheaper moo shu chicken from the local chinese takeout. :D

(I'm looking forward to hearing from all of you that were victimized by the discontinuing of the G5 Powerbook hee hee)

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Why oh why did Trader Joe's get rid of the Argentinian Pink Shrimp? :confused:

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

There was no G5 Powerbook.

Maybe a few shows like Firefly that I was sad to see go but not really anything tangible.

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

They also got rid of the lobster tail meat :( I have noticed that TJ's will get something in and inevitably the minute i fall in love with it they stop carrying it :(

Ed

5. Church macrumors regular

Church

Curse you General Mills and your discontinuation of French Toast Crunch in exchange for the worst cereal I've ever tasted! (also called French Toast Crunch)

I think it tastes like paper with cinnamon sugar on it. I highly prefer the syrup taste of the original.

:shake fist with utmost intensity at General Mills:

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Applebee's used to have a really good "pizza stick" appitizer that I loved.

Lethal

7. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    My local supermarket has stopped stocking Anchor Steam beer so I'm going to have to find somewhere else in London that stocks it...

And the local bar near the office has stopped doing their fabulous smoked fish pie in the winter... :(

8. iGary Guest

iGary

Oh, and damn Trojan for not making the Ultra Wide Ultra Long condoms I used to buy. :D

9. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

What?!?! I haven't gotten cereal in a long time, this was my favorite too.

Other things that I wish was back.

The meatlover's skillet at Denny's, though they replaced with something close with pancakes (is more food a plus?!). I liked the simplicity of already knowing what I was going to order on those trips to Denny's at 3 am.

Arrested Development! I will forever hold this against Fox!

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Damn you Krispy Kream!.....and why did they stop selling "ting"....damn you Island drink makers!

Bless

11. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Smarties discontinuing the smarties tube! There is no real reason to live now...

It's a shame that concord's gone too...

12. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

It usually happens for us when we actually start planning items in our weekly menu around specific ingredients. TJ has weird seasonal stuff too, e.g. they only stock lasagna noodles in the summer, when you'd have to be out of your mind to want to cook it.

Sacrilege! I guess that someone high up at Nestle got hit in the eye with a flying Smarties tube cap?

B

13. adk macrumors 68000

adk

14. Queso macrumors G4

Just about any nice vegetarian food at Tescos. It's there just long enough for you to get to like it, then it's gone and replaced by some s***e with meat in it :mad:

15. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

They used to have something called "snow peaches" at the Japanese market. Alas, I haven't seen them for years. :sniff:

16. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

In a similar vein I keep getting into the guest beers our local stocks, and just as soon as I've acquired a taste for a particular brew they change the line up... :(

17. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

I miss "Plain" M&M's. Now I have to settle for "Milk Chocolate". Just not the same...

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Apparentely UPS discontinued the delivering of packages because my package, which arrived at the local facility at 2 this morning didn't go out for delivery :mad:

19. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

What kind of shipping was on it (next day, 5-day, etc.,)? I had a similar thing happen to me. My 5-day package was on course to be delivered in 3 days, but sat at the distro center for a day. Guess the trucks got filled up w/higher priority packages before they worked their way down to mine.

Lethal

20. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

5 day, today is the 2nd. I called up once, and the dumbass there said that its supposed to be delivered today (yet it's not out for delivery, did they invent teleportation? :rolleyes: ), and I can't pick up from the sort facility until one failed delivery attempt even though their website says:

"Hold for Pick-Up" service is available free of charge at all UPS Customer Centers. Just call 1-800 PICK UPS for the UPS Customer Center location near your shipping destination and we'll deliver and hold your package for pickup at the center you select.

Which does not mention this 1 failed attempt bullcrap. I'm going to call back today and try to speak with a manager and maybe be able to pick it up tonight.

21. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

see if fistfulofangst has any extras

22. iGary Guest

iGary

Just eat meat.

*runs away*

23. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

Olive Garden's stuffed chicken parmigiana. Normally I prefer Italian from say, Gratzi's in Ann Arbor... or when the parents pay, Il Posto. But it was soooooo good. All of the other replacements have been poor imitators to the throne.

24. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

no comment

trader joe's got rid of garlic flavored pistachios that my girlfriend's dad really liked.

also, keebler no longer makes peanut butter soft batch cookies.

i'm sure there's more........

25. Queso macrumors G4

*entices iGary back with picture of Gekko513 nekkid then tazers him in the goolies*