Arghh..help with boot camp

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by loztheguru, Aug 10, 2006.

1. loztheguru macrumors member

Well ive had my macbook for a few days now, and thought id install bootcamp to test windows out on my beautiful mac. Having set everything up and had a quick blast on halflife, i obviously wanted to go back to the more homely os x.

DISASTER!

I cant work out how to change back. As soon as my computer powers on, and the dirty-creme screen appears i hold both option keys (the one with the apple logo on, right) down, but no joy. Has anyone else had similar problems/experiences, or cna anyone offer any help?

Am i just being really thick?

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Those aren't option Keys. Those are Apple Keys. AKA Command keys.

After the POST (the bong) of startup, hold down the key marked Option.
    And only one of them.

Alternately, there's a Control Panel in Windows called Startup Disk. Go to it to select your OS X install.

3. loztheguru thread starter macrumors member

bummer. i had a feeling i was being a little dense. Truth is ive no idea what option keys are, so i googled it and it flagged those.

Still cant see a key labelled option though...any danger you could describe its location on a macbook keyboard?

How shameful...

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

It should be set up like this, I have to assume the MB keyboard is the same as the MBP keyboard.

[fn][ctrl][option][apple][spacebar][apple][enter][left arrow][down arrow][right arrow]

The option key should be clearly marked as Option and be to the left of the left Apple key. It also has "alt" on it.