Argos Leather Case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by 3goldens, Jun 15, 2010.

1. macrumors 68000

Feb 26, 2008
  2. macrumors member

Jan 10, 2008
    What I don't like is that writing on the inside of the case. It's distracting and would grow old in about 5 minutes. Even worse, the SGP name/logo is also on the inside of the case, which in my opinion is really tacky. To me, ff they had just left the inside blank it would have been much nicer.
  3. macrumors 6502

Mar 27, 2005
    Los Angeles
    It's also sold by SGP. They have a "vintage" case that's of the same design, only with a worn leather look to the cover.

The basic form and function has received iffy reviews, primarily because it omits one of the main benefits of a folio (i.e., the typing angle). Some folks also don't like the proverb branded into the cover.
  4. Rvn
    macrumors newbie

Jun 15, 2010
    It looks great.

But I really don't understand why they make it without a typing angle - it is what a lot of iPad owners want in a case.
  5. macrumors 6502

Mar 27, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Agreed. I may well have bought this case if it offered the standard typing angle benefit...but as it stands it's just a glorified cover. I'd just as soon get one of those silicon/rubber back protectors and a carrying sleeve before I got one of these, if all I wanted was protection.
  6. macrumors newbie

May 26, 2010
    Argos sux

Agree! In spite of the beauty of Argos or Vaja cases, they both are literally useless - unless you buy an extra dock.