Aries has spoken! Shocker! Revolution day is...

Discussion in 'Games' started by GFLPraxis, May 17, 2005.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Okay, you guys remember the Aries rumor, right?

Aries had left, saying his vacation was over though he may pop in on either the weekends or possibly just before E3.

I kept telling myself to look at the blog again, but I didn't want to bother sifting through the imposters and fans screaming questions and kept putting it off. As a result, I missed something HUGE.

Aries basicly proved that he was the real thing, meaning all the rest of his claims might very well be true. How? I'll show you.

It's so accurate it's creepy.

http://forums.gamespot.com/gamespot/show_messages.php?board=909104101&topic=21023268&page=0
    WOWZA.

He told us BEFORE E3 that it would be backwards compatible with N64, SNES, and NES!

He told us weeks ago that an online Super Smash Bros would be a launch title and both a Mario and Metroid title are in production.

So far everything he's said has come true, and if he's telling the truth Nintendo is throwing us a bone and will unveil everything on the 19th :eek:

And this also means it is very likely he is telling the truth. If the Aries rumor is correct, all I can say is WOW. This will really be a Revolution.

Not to mention Aries' claim that it is more powerful than the XBox 360 but less than the PS3.

I'm almost certain Aries is the real deal now.

2 days to Revolution Day! :D

2. SuperChuck macrumors 6502

SuperChuck

Okay, I'm intrigued.

So the Revolution that we think is the Revolution is actually not the Revolution?

3. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

No, it's just that Nintendo is withholding all the details until the 19th and will surprise us. Big time, apparently.

Another thing. Aries claimed Retro was working on a completely new IP, a Halo-killer. Retro's site now mentions a new project they are working on that will be revealed soon. Aries originally said that Retro FPS will probably be shown at E3. The 19th, perhaps?

4. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

If that's the case then I eagerly wait to see what's coming. :)

5. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

You know what, many are speculating right now that the allegedly mocked-up video of the revolution depiciting it as a headset is indeed true. Anyone notice how the end of the video cuts out as Mario is running across the draw bridge? :confused:

6. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Nah, it's not. Nintendo already announced what it looks like, it's NOTHING like that, remember? Have you seen the pictures?

I've seen a few people pointing out that the video could be made by a group of students using Adobe Illustrator fairly easily.

That Mario clip is probably the part that would require the most effort, but it wasn't like what I would expect of next gen consoles. Not to mention that:
    A) He ran and jumped like Sonic
    B) The dimensions were off. Looked like a demented Mario.

I doubt that is real, considering the info Nintendo released today.

7. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

I must say whoever made that has some real talent! He should get hired by Nintendo!!! :eek: :eek:

8. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I agree. In fact I suspect he was trying to get hired by Nintendo with that :D

9. alxths macrumors 6502

Oh god... It's embarassing how excited this is making me.. I'm not even going to be able to afford the damn thing when it comes out.

This would definately make sense though, considering they said it'd be 2-3 times as powerful as the GC, which is a very underwhelming and de-hyping thing to say... I wonder what they've cooked up.

:confused:

10. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

So what's the surprise going to be then, a complimentary DVD of all the NES classics?

11. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Nintendo's big plan:

Wednesday, May 18, 2005: First screens of Revolution games leak out. They look very decent. Maybe a couple of videos too. First details on the interface, controllers, and download structure.

Thursday, May 19, 2005: Revolutions are unveiled in playable form at the Nintendo booth. About 5-10 game demos and 10-15 tech demos are loaded on each revolution. Highlight is non-existent load times. Also, the top 100 old Nintendo games ever made are downloadable.

Friday, May 20, 2005: Nintendo announces that Revolution will ship worldwide next month, with 15 launch titles (one of which will be widely heralded as the greatest game ever made) and thousands of catalogue games for $249. Sony and M$ collectively wet their pants.

Oh yeah, the revolutionary feature of the NRS is... The interface. No more system menus. The OS is a game. A giant sandbox game which allows the user to create their own rules, structures, and apperances (using any character/model from other NRS games). Games will seamlessly load WITHIN this virtual space, creating a true integration of hardware and gameplay. Oh, almost forgot, you can share your NRS world with ANYONE you've met in real life, via multiplayer NRS world integration. If we are friends, I can play in your world, and you can play in mine.

A guy can hope, right? Seriously though, maybe the reason Nintendo has been so tight lipped about the Revolution because they've been lying to everyone. The Revolution begins July 21, 2005.

12. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

Whoa... but I don't think most of it will happen... sadly... :(

13. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Nintendo has already said, "next year."

14. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I think this was from Aries, people claim it as a quote from him:

Also...
    They didn't say that- it was an error in the article that published it. Another article was written apologizing for the error. The Revolution is on par with MS and Sony's consoles, as it said.

15. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

Here's a thread I found with all of the scoop from Aries:

http://forums.e-mpire.com/showthread.php?t=30389&page=1&pp=40

The gyroscopic and pressure sensitive controller sounds neat. Actually, the concept of pressure sensitive controls came up during the days of the development of N64, but Nintendo at the time only implemented control sensitivity into the analog stick.

16. takao macrumors 68040

takao

gnaaaaaaa getting excited all over again iwas already ready to wait a few months til laugust with the next big presentation from nintendo

if the comes have been posted before E3 or yesterday then it's quite sure Aries is an insider ... oh boy i sure hope this "later" really means the 19th and will reveal the controller ... it kinda fit's all the grinning which was made on top of the stage yesterday

oh boy at least i've got lots of stuff to do today and tomorrow and watching star wars in evening to bring me over to the weekend

17. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I also like the idea of online play with forums and boards, clans, etc. And voice control, whoo.

18. Brian0523 macrumors member

Trojan Horse

I predict that the photos we've seen of the console are fakes - put out there by Nintendo to throw us off. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my Game Cube.

19. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

Mmmmm....Gamecube goes good with ketchup.

20. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

21. MrSugar macrumors 6502a

MrSugar

I have to say, I am definetely curious about all this... it almost seems like too good of a ploy. The years of hoping for amazing apple product and being let down by powerbook g4's has me doubting that something this stunning could actually take place.

22. therevolution macrumors 6502

YOU DARE TO QUESTION MY EXISTENCE?

Sorry. My username, you know. Had to say something... :D

To get back on topic... interesting prediction. I find myself going back to emulators quite often because there are so many great old games. If this is true, I'll buy it in a heartbeat. I knew holding on to my NES cartridge collection would pay off someday!

23. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Oh please, oh please oh please Nintendo, wake up and become the 800LB. gorilla you once were...

24. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Allowing backwards compatability all the way back to the NES is the smartest move Nintendo will ever make.

Tomorrow should prove to be exciting, that's for sure.

25. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

I have a feeling this generation will go to the original king of the consoles ....

NINTENDO!!!

They are on to something with the DS and are going in such an oppiste direction from M$ and Sony. I can't wait to see what they have up their sleeve. I have a feeling i am going to see alot of jaws drop and see alot of "OMG" and "OMFG" on this board... i can't wait ! :D