Arise 'Sir Mick' - Rolling Stone Jagger Knighted

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by eyelikeart, Dec 12, 2003.

1. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I know! It's great isn't it? :eek: Sir Mick Jagger of the Stones :D Don't think Keith is very impressed though :rolleyes:

edit: typos

3. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i kinda think this sucks... i am definitely in keith's camp on this one. doesn't this kinda go against everything the stones stood for and sang about during their career? i mean, wasn't it the queen who was always mouthing off about how they were vile and tried to have them arrested? i think its lame... it's one thing if youre elton john- and i love elton, dont get me wrong... but mick? c'mon.... reeks of selling out :p

4. spinner macrumors regular

Re: Arise 'Sir Mick' - Rolling Stone Jagger Knighted

Me too! We probably have a pretty good chance, apparently they will let anybody in :rolleyes:

Sir Spinner...I smell a potential babe magnet :D

5. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

He's in the least knight-worthy of all the British musicians AFAIC. Zeppelin and The Who kick ass all over the Stones.

6. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I think Mick has been reading his own publicity too long and is beginning to believe it. Keith is right; this is stupid. The Stones as aristocrats? Tell me it ain't so, Mick!

7. evil macrumors 6502

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

What has Mick done to deserve being Knighted? hundreds of years ago it was reserved for noble deeds, high standards etc. now its for actors and singers? give me a break!

9. Steradian macrumors 6502

Just wondering but uh....how does one become a knight then?...Do you have to be british, and be a super spy or celeb or something. What is the criteria?

10. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

there's some weird thing, to be a KBE you have to be british, but there's a lesser version for non-brits... something like that anyway, i don't remember. there have been some americans knighted recently...

there are those that believe the queen's rush of knighting people has to do with the british control of the new world order :) conspiracy theories are fun.

paul