Armed robbers steal €1m in Paris Apple Store

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JDee, Jan 2, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

2. macrumors demi-god

The articles that I read about it yesterday mentioned an employee being hurt, but I didn't see that mentioned in this article. :confused:

3. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ It sounded to me like there was a threat of injury but I don't know if the guard was hurt.

With the police nearby, I wonder how they seemingly stayed inside so long.

4. macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

5. macrumors demi-god

Who said the robbers weren't American?! :)

6. macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Who bought them in Texas and made it through French customs with them?:confused::confused::confused:

7. macrumors demi-god

I was being sarcastic, but isn't driving between countries in the EU like driving between states in the US? No formal border checks?

This is far-fetched (and sounds like a bad Die Hard knockoff), but how difficult would it be for someone to take a private boat from the US over to some country along the Mediterranean, unload their "luggage", and then drive to France?

8. macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

LOL, all the more reason to Arm every citizen for protecting against these thugs with boats. :cool:

9. macrumors demi-god

Actually, they should just cancel New Years Eve celebrations. Then the police can be more evenly spread throughout the city, vs. tending to the big crowd. :cool:

10. macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Starting next year you have to celebrate new years within 5km/3miles from your home, no groups larger than 4 members. :D

11. macrumors G5

yg17

Yup, no border checks when moving between countries in the Schengen Area. However, France is along the Mediterranean though so it's irrelevant.

12. macrumors 6502a

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I don't really know, but, it seems like they would have a way of finding out the device ID of every iPhone, and, after activation, the devices should be easy to locate, with a little cooperation between police and wireless carriers. So, I'm guessing that the devices will have to be exported to a place where iPhone trafficing is easy. Where would that be? Syria? Somalia? I don't see how you could get away with activating this many phones in Europe without being able to trace them back to the source. Am I wrong?

13. macrumors 6502

The local coast guard would be on your trail the minute you stepped foot on solid ground. And if you made it as far as Paris, Europol will welcome you with open arms. *winkwink*

14. macrumors G3

Huntn

I would imagine a high tech company like Apple would have high tech alarms? Maybe an insider was involved.