Armored Core 4: 360 or PS3?

Discussion in 'Games' started by srobert, Mar 15, 2007.

1. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Hello.

Any Armore Core fans here? With Armored Core 4 about to be released, I was wondering which version I should be purchasing. PS3 or 360? What do you guys think. (Please elaborate)

My thought so far:

- 360: Might have a larger online community. Voice chat support.
    - PS3: Armored Core has so far been a PlayStation franchise. Released 1st on PS3 in Japan = Designed with PS3 in mind?

Anybody heard of possible differences between the 2 versions? (Graphics, Frame rates, native resolutions, etc…)

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Aparently they are meant to be identical other than like you say the voice support for xbox live.

I too am considering this very purchase decision too, and havent settled on anything yet.

I loved Chromehounds online (racking up about 100 hours :eek: ) and it's team based fighting. Communication was a very strong point of that game and without it I'd be concerned AC4 wouldn't deliver the same kind of experience.

At least AC:4 has a better Solo mission game than CH.

3. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I'd say buy the one it was developed first for. Does it have identical release dates for each version?

If it started out on 360, I'd get that one... and vice-versa.

4. srobert thread starter macrumors 68020

srobert

Indeed. Until now, Armored Core multiplayer fights were offline mano-a-mano duels so voice communication wasn't important. It seems that this version will support up to 8 players. I wonder if it will be last man standing melee or if there will be some form of team mode. In the later case, communication might be more important.

It was first released for the PS3 in Japan but they've added voice chat to the 360 version. That's what makes me hesitate between the 2 versions. Both versions will be released on the same day over here.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah like you say - just basic mele frag fest then communication isn't important. decisions decisions :eek: ....

off topic Srobert ? What do you think of Rogue Galaxy ? I just bought it off ebay :)

6. srobert thread starter macrumors 68020

srobert

It was a very pleasant surprise. Very good RPG. Characters are interesting, combats are action packed and fun. Story is decent. You can backtrack to previously visited planets whenever you want.

There is plenty of optional stuff to do as you advance in the game but none of it is mandatory:

- Combine weapons to get stronger ones
    - Create items in factory (Very fun, you literally assemble the factory)
    - Fight with captured/raided bugs in tournament (Pokemon meets chess)
    - Hunt Beasts for bounties

These elements of gameplay could add a lot of hours to your experience.

If you like RPGs, this one is a must own.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Sweet... Space Bandito's :)

8. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Rogue Galaxy (at least from the screenshots) reminded me of Skies of Arcadia in space. Looked neat.

9. srobert thread starter macrumors 68020

srobert

There are some similarities but you're not free to roam in space wherever you want. You only pick a destination. Also, you don't get to upgrade your ship.

A Skies of Arcadia 2 would be very nice. (With more ships and upgrades)

Back on the Armored Core topic,

Do you guys prefer Rifles/Gunds/Canons weapons or Laser weapons?

I wish there was a way in Armored Core to email yourself a screenshot of your cores.

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

No preference. Part of the fun with this type of game is it's mecano mech nature, where you can experiement for fun

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I would get it for what it is designed for...might get the best for your buck. The PS3 copy doesn't support voice chat?

Bless

12. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Even though I don't own either system, I agree with other comments about getting it for the PS3. But I personally like the 360's controller way better than the Sixaxis, so would be inclined to want to play it in comfort. :)

<]=)

13. nazmac21 macrumors 6502a

nazmac21

Wouldn't the PS3 have better graphics than the 360?

14. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

It's been stated that they're going to look identical.

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

bless.

short answer no.
    long answer noooooooooooooo

From Software have stated that both versions are 'identical' graphically.

I'm going to wait for a review to see what they say about the multiplayer game. If it's team based then I'm going to go for the 360 for voice chat.

Actually the achievement points are another incentive too.

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Update.

Well, I bought PS3 version today as the Euro release has been pushed back a couple of months to May. Too many games coming out for PS3 so as a consequence the 360 version has been pushed back with it here.

So anyway I bought the USA PS3 version along with VT3. It was only €38 - again saving me around 50% compared to the price in stores here :)

God I love region free gaming. :D Damn you nintendo! :( ;)

Seriously nintendo wii games cost me more this generation than either ps3, 360, psp or ds :( I'm tempted to get my wii chipped with cyclowiz, so I can buy import games.