Army Stage-Managed Fall of Hussein Statue

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jul 5, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

As one old friend of mine would say: No ****, Sherlock.

Did anyone ever believe otherwise? :p

I guess it is nice to have the obvious documented, though.

3. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

Fox news reported exactly what you posted. The Iraqi's were ready to give up so the army went in with a chain and a tank and gave a hand. Too bad that dildo with the US flag had to do a horrible pr blunder earlier. Goes to prove you want the truth watch FOX.[​IMG] [​IMG]

BTW: for the rules thread; what is, if anything, so insulting about this smiley? It's all in how you use them.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Some photos not very widely circulated at the time showed that the teaming masses of Iraqis who were alleged to be at the event were in fact a few hundred, at most.

5. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

such photos were referenced to here. i recall noting that the video images the US was served used standard movie tricks to make the crowd seem larger.

6. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

wish the deaths were "stage-managed"...I guess we are running a micheal bay/Jerry Bruckheimer<sp?> war. Lots of explosions, little thought/attention to script,plot or possible intelligence of viewers...

7. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

And some doubt that we could ever attack a wedding party. As it has been said many times; the first causality of war, is the truth.

8. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Maybe I missed something in the original post. Your reference to the FOX report is that the toppling was an Iraqi led endeavor. Yet the report makes it seem that it was a US psy-ops instigated operation. So I wonder which report is true then?

9. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

No I never said Fox said it was an Iraqi led endeavor.
    Might want to reread it again.
    I'm saying he's right I knew already and Fox reported the same thing he is now. ie its old news.

10. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Sorry you confused me with:

verses what the article mentioned:

Sorry that I misunderstood what was an opinion verses fact in your original post. You ended that paragraph with a reference to FOX news.