arnold was an illegal immigrant

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by meta-ghost, Sep 13, 2003.

1. meta-ghost macrumors regular

it's always oh so perfect when the hypocracy of right wing ideas are laid bare. turns out, after repeatedly saying he stands for "legal immigration" only (failing to recognize the reality of the calif. economy), group sex arnold himself did not follow the laws that allowed him to come and live in the good old usa.

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/news/6762303.htm

2. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

who gives a ****? the entire state of california is overflowing with illegal aliens.

FROM THE ARTICLE:
    Good for him to support a GOOD policy in CA. There is no reason why these illegal aliens deserve welfare, and a free education. Go back to your country people; the US should not be a free ride for people who don't have a legal right to be here. period.

3. chadfromdallas macrumors member

AHHH I couldn't agree with this more. Texas has this problem too :rolleyes:

4. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Isnt it true that Gray Davis has enacted into law a bill that would allow illegal aliens, not even american citizens, the right to get a driver's license? And in turn vote? And for who? Arnold :rolleyes: Yeah right...

I find it extremewly frustrating that illegal aliens can come into the US and get a driver's license and vote, but an American citizen like myself cannot vote due to my age? What the hell??? The US would rather give votes to illegals than give an American citizen the right to vote.....

'*SIGH*'

5. meta-ghost thread starter macrumors regular

the xenophobia in this thread is...overwhelming

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

i hope Arnold beats the heck out of all those sorry politicians both sorry Davis & his democrats and the republican politicians. They all suck if you ask me, they shouldnt have career politicians who constantly screw the american public for those special interest dollars and then we get stuck holding the bag.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oh if only those leeches-on-society illegal immigrants would go back to their countries all our woes would be over....

:rolleyes:

8. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

true dat :eek:

I was jsut wondering if tazo, chad and don't hurt me actually read this article, i know tazo did, but did you understand. Arnold IS an ILLEGAL immigrant.

I guess you are so blinded xenophobia that your eyes are burnt to black raisins and you can't see the hypocracy, literally staring you the face like a huge lion about to munch on your brain-cell(s). :D

9. chadfromdallas macrumors member

<illegal immigrants = bad >

Just because one illegal immigrant makes good, doesn't make <illegal immigrants = good>.

and no, I didn't read it, not that interested :p

10. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Yes, let's rant against those who are among the most desperate in our society. Oh, and one other thing - do you think the employers of the states of Texas and California really want anything done about a pool of labor willing to work for low wages and unable to complain about unsafe and illegal working conditions? Maybe your anger is misplaced? Enforce the labor and OSHA laws and problems of illegal immigration will disappear. Folks come to this country under these conditions because there is a demand for their labor. Maybe Arnold should talk about that.

As an aside - what do you think happens to all those payroll taxes collected by employers from workers here illegally - it sure isn't paid out in SSI, medicare benefits or income tax rebates. Unless wages are payed under the table (does happen in some industries) employers and the government does well by these workers.

11. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

regardless of whether you think its a bad thing. Do you not think that this proves how phony arnold is? He can't honestly believe in clamping down on illegal aliens if he is one himself. He is clearly towing the party line in this issue. Oh well doesn't bother me. If he gets elected then its just another mile down the slippery road for your country. In fact I'm almost looking forward to its demise, solve a lot of problems in this world we live in! (no offence to the many decent americans who know whats wrong with their country)

12. chadfromdallas macrumors member

I don't care if he gets elected or not. I haven't really followed what he has been doing or saying. If he is elected, it has no effect on Texas, so no worries for me. Although, since he is illegal, but preaches against them, he is a hypocrite. Doesn't sound like that great of a guy to elect ;)

13. Zaid macrumors 6502

Just a question, do these illeagal immigrants pay income tax?

I know that the above question may sound stupid, but in a number of countries, the receiver of state revenue takes an ask no questions approach. Don't care where the income comes from as long as you pay tax on it.

Also how are taxes split? It was my understanding that sales tax was on of the prime sources of revenue for the states as opposed to the federal govt. (Do the states see any of the income tax?)

So even if these illeagal immigrants don't pay income tax they do still contribute to state coffers in the form of sales tax etc. Why exactly is it unreasonable for them to benefit from education programes. Especially given the fact that many of these immigrants add lots of value (to especially) the californian economy.

14. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

mercury news is a top information source?? come on. just more special interest mad that arnie isnt a team player.

15. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

All employers must withhold taxes, including State/Federal income taxes, SSI, medicare, and State disability tax. These workers are obviously, unable to collect on the refunds or payout of benefits. As I said in my last post, unless all the payroll is under the table, the government and the employer make out well in this situation. Stacked against this is the cost of education of children of illegal immigrants and medical cost if someone is sick and needs emergancy room care. It is not at all clear that as a society we lose money on the situation. That is not a call for more illegal immigration, but for the need to look at why it is happening. Employers love it.

16. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

libertarian party is probably the ticket but the show is ran by the republicans and democrats, ask ross perot.

17. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Reel that leg back in and get your knee checked.;)
    It's on the recall ballot for the public to vote on on Oct 7th. Davis is supporting it.

Voting rights are not and can not be included in it, however the potential for voter fraud is there unless the licenses are different in appearance from the regular license or some other steps are taken - I can't say what the plan is because I haven't seen it yet. The rationale behind it is that there are many itinerant workers in CA (and the US) who are not citizens, but must drive on our roads to get to and from work. Many do not know our driving regulations and drive without insurance. By giving them the oportunity to get licenses, we ensure that more people on the road know the rules and are safer drivers.

As I understand it, the only way to get the license would be to have proof of employment, such as a pay stub from the farm that is paying you pick fruit all day.

18. meta-ghost thread starter macrumors regular

what's wrong with the mercury news? please name a decent source of information in "the old south".
    btw, arnold is indeed a team player. he's taken and continues to take money from corporate special interest everyday.

19. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I'm impressed. Big Arnie may be a political novice, but he's already mastered the three most important words in politics: "I don't recall."

20. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

so... he'll be voting to not recall gov. davis? ;-)

21. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i'll sum up:

"aghhhh!!!! i'm selfish and scared! they're different and i'll redirect all my suburban angst at them!!!!"

22. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

So why bother to comment? You've added nothing to the topic because you haven't even read what the topic is about!

23. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

You sure beat the hell out of that straw man. Good job.

No one is proposing that immigrants should be able to vote.

24. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Ar Ar Ar.

Just my way of noting how quickly an effort was made to deflect the discussion away from an embarrassing revelation about the GOP's latest political hero.

25. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

if davis is recalled and schwarzeneggar wins, how many newspapers do we think will carry the headline "Total Recall"?