Arport Express - No Left Speaker

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RJC Aus, Dec 19, 2006.

1. RJC Aus macrumors newbie

Have set up APX fine - streaming to powered speakers OK. However, I'm only getting sound from one speaker.

I've tried headphones - same problem. Also changed the cables but problem remains. I've notice other people have had this problem but not seen a definitive answer. Is it a hardware problem or am I missing something really obvious?

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

maybe take it back to Apple. If you've tried it with headphones and it doesn't work, that tells me there's something wrong with the hardware.

3. Joony macrumors regular

are you pushing the headphone/speaker connector all the way in?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Assuming the above posts don't apply, and you haven't got your sound output set to the right at the OS level, then I think it's a hardware issue. Maybe check the port to see there's nothing caught in it though. :)

5. RJC Aus thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, the connection is pushed in all the way and there is nothing obstructing it. Feels like an Airport issue; maybe its time to take it back to the shop?

6. sturigdson macrumors regular

Yep. Sure is.
    If you've tested it with speakers and headphones you know to work in both left and right channels [by plugging them into other machines, or your ipod, and hearing audio in both channels], and you've tried resetting the airport, confirmed that the plug is in all the way, changed the audio levels and sound preferences, etc. Then yep- I'd take it back to apple.

Nothing else you can do, unless you want to fire up the ol' soldiering iron and give it a whack... Which, of course, probably isn't a good idea ;)
    Good luck.