arranging items insanley small desk

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Fleetwood Mac, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Yeah, so I need some help arranging hardware on my very small desk. I've tried it dozens of ways, but haven't found one I like yet. Attached are photos of two ways I've arranged things thus far. I have loads of other hardware (scanner, camera, external disk, and USB hub sitting on a trunk on the floor beside the desk. Any suggestions welcome, less telling me to get a bigger desk cause' it won't fit in this room.

Thanks!!

PS: What do you think of my Clip-On-Duck? (on the right side of the monitor)

Attached Files:

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I'd slide the hard drive behind the monitor and maybe pick up a dock for the ipod and put that atop the mini for starters.

Another suggestion would be some small shelfs that are just deep enough to put the speakers on mount them just high enough so that the mini and other things you want on your desk can fit under them. That'll clear up a little room.

And maybe a small magnet on the wall to hang the remote from.

Good luck.

3. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Get a wall mount for your LCD which would free up some room on your desk. Maybe also make a wall mount for your mini....

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Oh yeah get rid of that desk lamp you have and buy a cheap one and hang it on the wall. Also that desk space reminds me of my old dorm room :D

5. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

LOL...between your and my suggestions, I can see the OP ending up with too much desk space and not enough wall space. :D

6. Quboid macrumors 6502

get a bigger desk...............then you'l have, one plus one............ah 2 desks and alot more space.:D

7. Fleetwood Mac thread starter macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

lol....all good suggestions. Perhaps I can wall mount the keyboard and mouse as well?

I really like the remote+magnet idea. The monitor isn't VESA....sigh. I could go buy some blocks and brackets at IKEA though, the speakers would look ok up on the wall.

8. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Oh yeah, I remember someone was selling a mac mini mount that you can mount under your desk. If I remember it was in the market place

9. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

10. techster85 macrumors regular

I would get a monitor stand that is high enough to fit the mini underneath, then you can put the harddrive under it too. It would allow you to put the speakers against the wall on the sides of the stand, and I agree, ditch the lamp and get a new one that has a smaller footprint...