Arsenal vs. Chelsea

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by XIII, Dec 18, 2005.

1. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

[​IMG]

The big game today. :D

I thought it would be ok to start a new thread just for this game, as its kinda important, and individual, instead of using the Premiership thread...

Kick off 4pm, Arsenal vs. Chelsea. If Arsenal lose, they are definately out of the title race completely, if Arsenal win, everyone is back in the race.. Liverpool/Man Yoo both only 6 points off.. and Chelsea's inevitable winning doesn't seem to inevitable anymore.

And I'm there! Leaving in a few hours, me + family have seats in row 3. :p Very exciting.

Anyone else looking forward to this game?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

3. XIII thread starter macrumors 68040

XIII

A draw is probably the most likely thing.. which puts all the dramatic talk of being out of the race, or being back in the race, to complete waste really. :p

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Mind you, if Henri isn't on fire I wonder where Arsenal's goals are going to come from... even if I was a neutral, I think a Chelsea victory is slightly more likely than an Arsenal victory on current form alone.

5. XIII thread starter macrumors 68040

XIII

Robin Van Persie can strike some.. we tend to score team goals, which anyone can finish. On current form, yes, Chelsea are looking far better, but its never really about current form in these kind of games. Both teams are so up for it it could go either way.

6. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

We'll be watching, although I suspect it's going to be a bit of a scrappy game. Chelsea to just sneak it 1-0.

7. XIII thread starter macrumors 68040

XIII

8. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Just enough time to make a big MacRumors banner then... :D

9. XIII thread starter macrumors 68040

XIII

Hahahahaha... :D :p

How cool would I look...!
    :cool: ;)

Heheh...

EDIT: And I'm off. I'll let you know what I think when I get back.

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

10. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

I'd be happy with Chelsea loosing or a draw - being a Red Scouser an' all. Seeing as the result in the "World Club Championship" didn't go our way (despite dominating the WHOLE game) the sights are firmly set on making up the ground on Chelsea. And lets be honest, its not our winning games that will make up ground, its Chelsea slipping up....

11. devman macrumors 65816

devman

I don't care about either team, but it would make the league more interesting if Chelsea lost. That said, it should be one heck of a grudge match. :p

12. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

I'm off to watch it in a moment in Shepherds Bush.

No question the on-form team is Chelsea, but we're not easy to beat at home.

I'd say it's likely a draw but it will only need one quick goal to stoke things up. We've got nothing to lose this season now, but if Chelsea lose it will open things up (as XIII says in his OP).

However, I'm watching it with a very good mate of mine who's Chelsea through and through and he'll sit there all smug and unbearable with his pint if they win so for that reason amongst many others -

COME ON THE GUNNERS!!!!

Attached Files:

13. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

So... Chelsea run out 2-0 winners then, putting them nine points clear of second placed Manchester United – and Arsenal sink down to eighth. At this rate, the Gunners might have trouble qualifying for the UEFA Cup, let alone the Champions League next season... ;)

14. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Chelsea does indeed seem to be unstoppable. Who will finally hand them a loss?

15. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Hopefully Hull will draw them in the FA Cup Fourth Round – we'll show the Premier League boys how it's done! :p ;)

16. XIII thread starter macrumors 68040

XIII

That was a disgrace.

Referee, I know we say it a lot, but he was appalling. There were tackles flying in all over the show, Essien up to his dirty tricks again, he should've been sent off.

It amazing really that the FA havn't brought in electronic replays. Van Persie SCORED. I was actually inline with him, he was clearly onside. No idea what the **** the linesman was thinking. Ridiculous. If we had gone in front, it would've been a completely different game.

Chelsea's two goals were well taken, but both were against the flow of the game at the time. No idea what happened for the first.. mess up. Second one, Lauren defended very very poorly.

I'm disappointly, and annoyed.

Still, it was fun to listen to 30,000 people singing "**** off Mourinho.. **** off Mourinho.." :D

17. CelticBhoy macrumors member

both of them should get knocked out of the Champions League in the next round

Champions League, we're having a laugh!

18. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Arsene is equally annoyed– and I agree with the pair of you, that goal should have stood.

Probably preoccupied looking for the tooth Essien had knocked out of his mouth earlier...

19. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

*smug*

Especially after half a bottle of red and a lager tonight in Islington/Stokey. :D

20. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    But you're a Blues fan! Was the bar out of Curacao (only drink I can think of that's blue!):p

The office will be quiet tomorrow; for an office in Chelsea, we've got a lot of Arsenal fans. It's always particularly amusing when we have an away day since one of the few places big enough/cheap enough to hold us all is Stamford Bridge's conference centre. You can almost see them wondering whether to boycott it... or how to deface the turf!

21. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Doesn't stop me drinking wine though. Had a lovely evening out and wandered down the Balls Pond Road listening to the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the locals. :D

Say what you like about Mourinho. Chelsea haven't won at Highbury for a long long time.

22. XIII thread starter macrumors 68040

XIII

Its stunning.. I can't get over it - that was a goal! Plain and simple! It would've changed the game, the title race, EVERYTHING. Unbelieveable how much rested on that idiotic call. ****ing unbelievable.

I have to try hard not to get REALLY angry.

23. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

i often do....

"99% of liverpool supports think they are in teh final" - jose mourinho - 2005

no jose...100% of scousers know we are the champions of europe

24. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Sorry, but did I hear an escapee from the Liverpool thread straying off-topic?

OK, since we're in the mood to rub things in then...

Nice trophy that Stevie is bringing back tonight... The FIFA Fair Play award. :D :p

25. XIII thread starter macrumors 68040

XIII