Art Contest

Discussion in 'Community' started by iHatePCs, Feb 10, 2005.

1. iHatePCs macrumors member

iHatePCs

Hey, My high school is having an anual art contest with tesselations. And the grand-prize is an iMac G5!!! I'm the top in my Advanced Arts class. I was wondering if anyone had an idea for what type of picture or object to put in these tesselations (Please dont say anything related to Apple) Just if you have a good idea that you think miht win than tell me! Thanx in advance

P.S. Some Ideas I had were raindrops or falling petals. :)

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

well anything with either a...... couger jaguar , panther or even a tiger in it would be cool made up of little bitzy squares lol no seriously i have no idea what would win it for you what do you noramly do??? stick with the winning fomula

here's one from google pics and a girl called alison to get you thinking

her link : http://www.hf.ecisd.net/alisonweb/alison

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

What a great prize!

I really really like the falling petals idea. Are there any particular flowers around your area or school that might mean something a little more than just any old flower? Does your state have a flower... lots of them do.

You can find your state's flower here. Just select a state in the top left corner...

4. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Whoa what high school is that? I'm enrolling next week, I'm sure I can glue some pipe cleaners and macaronni together. :p

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Why not enter something from your art class that is highly thought of by your teacher. The Reflection Tessellation looks most interesting to me.

6. iHatePCs thread starter macrumors member

iHatePCs

Actually, It's The Pingree School in South Hamilton, Massachusetts. It's a small, independant (private) day school. :)

7. AnewMac macrumors regular

An iMac as a prize!

We had a "Catch the greased pig" contest at our school, winner got 2 movie passes. True story.

Stop laughing...

8. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

9. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Sorry.... haha.... can't.... stop... hehe...ha.... stop... hehehe laughing....hahahah......

That's gotta be the stupidest thing I've heard of... crappy prize.... hehe.... ha.... hehe...

10. AnewMac macrumors regular

It was part of a fundraiser for some shiny new bleachers at the football field. You gotta love it