Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sat165

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
I'm in your cupboard
Ever since I updated to the Final official ios7 they refuse to load when you select the 'artists' tab - its very annoying and looks ugly!

Is there any way to solve this? was one of my favourite new things about the music app

sat165

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
I'm in your cupboard
in landscape it displays the album covers...not the artist image

yeh re synced a couple of times, coming from a fresh clean install of final ios 7 too

i think im gonna give up :(

ACE_350

Cancelled
Aug 12, 2013
I'm having the same issue. I did a clean wipe on my phone for iOS 7. Ever since it won't show the artist pictures, it even shows the incorrect album artwork, however in landscape mode everything is correct for me.

Real bummer. Anyone have input to this?

Ixi271

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Manchester
Sorry I cannot offer any help but I am having the same issue. It is also still present after updating to 7.0.1.
On iOS7 GM on an iPhone 5 I had artist images on the artist page of the music app when I had more than one album and sometimes with only one song present. I guess it depended on whether Apple had an appropriate artist image.
When they did not, an album cover appeared in place of the artist image, which was fine.

Now on iOS 7.0.1 on iPhone 5S, all the album art is present in iTunes and on the phone and on the album page of the music app.
However, on the artist page, some artist images are just album covers and some (particularly when I have multiple albums by one artist) are replaced with grey squares with the artist and an album name written diagonally across the square. Looks awful.
If artist artwork is not working, it could least be replaced with a random album cover.
In this case every track I have (a combo of ALAC files and purchased AAC files) has up to date tags and working album art which appears fine in iTunes, now playing and the album view in music.app on the iPhone.
This is clearly an issue with the music app and the consensus from many is that we are going to have to wait for an update.

Reset all settings does not fix.
Reset all content and settings and set up as new or with iCloud does not work.
Only using iTunes purchased music does not fix.
Using iTunes Match does not fix.

The issue is also being discussed over at Apple discussions, you all might want to follow that thread also.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5329164?tstart=0

Music is the most used app on for me closely followed by messages and mail.
I am sure this is true for many; I'd say 75% of my iPhone usage includes use as an iPod, this really key feature needs fixing and hopefully we will get some options to remove artist art altogether and make music.app more iOS 6 like, don't count on that however.

honeycrisp

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2007
I used iexplorer to delete the music artwork database and that fixed the issue. Now instead of artist images I have album covers in the artist view but it works. Wonder if that was a feature they pulled at the last minute?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.