Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
I don't do a lot of shopping in the ITMS, but recently I noticed that it doesn't display the album artwork when you select an album. Instead you get the message "artwork available when purchased."

Is this new, or am I just dense and hadn't noticed it until now? I thought the point of the artwork was to sell the album, not the other way around.

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
I believe it has always been like that. They don't show the artwork because by downloading the artwork it would allow people to get artwork for songs/albums they haven't purchased. It would be nice to be able to get album art from iTMS for all the CDs I rip, but I usually find everything I need from Amazon.com. There are some apps out there that try to automatically get all your album art too.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
wordmunger said:
Well, I had just noticed this album and wondered if it was a new way of marketing classical music. Kinda like: if you buy this album, she'll take it all off!
Damn, man, you almost cost me $10. ;) I just about bought it just for the digital album.

Then I decided to spend the money on a year's subscription to Playboy. ;)

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
jsw said:
Damn, man, you almost cost me $10. ;) I just about bought it just for the digital album.

Then I decided to spend the money on a year's subscription to Playboy. ;)

Yeah, notice where they place her name... and I thought classical music was supposed to be subtle!

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Just for you, wm:

her photo gallery (yes, sadly, it's work-friendly).
JanineJansen.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.