As Apple moves into mainstream...

Discussion in 'Community' started by eclipse525, Mar 9, 2004.

1. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

No.

The Mac isn't mainstream until its being talked about in modern converstation along with Linux.

BTW -- The Perfect way for you to kill off your own site is to publish a paper against your closes friends.

Moron

:eek:

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

can't say that i agree either, apple is not mainstream, the iPod is and thats just a part of apple.......apple still hasnt reached mainstream audiences and if/when apple does this article could be taken into consideration, but i dont think i would agree with it then either..

3. Opteron macrumors 6502

With a market share of <5%, I wouldn't consider apple mainstream

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I think that the success of the iPod and the recent troubles that have plagued Microsoft, Apple and Linux stand an excellent chance of seriously increasing their markets. To become mainstream.... I don't know if it'll go that far, but Apple certainly has much greater mind-share today then they had 2 years ago.

5. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

I have to agree that I DO NOT agree with the article. The iPod may be mainstream at this point BUT the company as a whole is far from it. I have to say that I highly doubt that it will anytime soon. Unless, Apple introduces something SO revolutionary or MS files for Chapter 11(and even then...)? I would like to have a unified OS in this world but it's just a dream that mostly likely won't happen in my lifetime.

~e

6. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

i wouldnt say that apple is mainstream and with such a small marketshare i dont see it happening any time soon... the ipod gave them significant mindshare and helped get their balence sheet back on track... they seem to be in good shape as a company without the mainstream...

i for one am a proud mac user... proud to stand against m$haft and its devotees... proud to read these pages and post on these boards... the "cult" for lack of a better word is more of a sense of community... the same community that sleeps out for the grand opening of a new apple store... you just dont see this kind of enthusiasm on the peecee side...

as far as being elitest... so what?!?! ive got a mac... you guys have macs... people that dont have macs need to be enlightened... sure there are some reasons to have a peecee... but i dont have those needs... i dont play computer games... call me elitest because i scoff at your peecee... "go [letter after E] yourself" i love my mac... do you love your dell?

thats what i thought... let the cult live on...

7. takao macrumors 68040

takao

yeah but in europe there is the danger of apple being completly overhauled by Linux
    in germany the macos marketshare is at 1,7% ,the linux marketshare over 4% (thanks to businesses and government 'switching' to linux)