As if you needed another reason not to buy a Dell...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mac Rules, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Mac Rules macrumors 6502

Mac Rules

Hi guys n girls,

Well as the title suggests, as if you needed another reson NOT to buy Dell over Apple, just look at this....

Dell

Cheers;)

2. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

I dont get it...

3. Mac Rules thread starter macrumors 6502

Mac Rules

Just to make it clear, the video basically shows that when a mobile phone is placed near the CD-rawer on the Dell, that the PC switches off randomly and also makes the phone receive a txt message apparently. The only way to get the PC working again is to kill the power. Read the little blurb next to the video for more info

Cheers :cool:

4. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

OH haha... thats funny... Yeah reading is for whimps (no offense). Just kidding.

I get lazy sometimes...

5. user23 macrumors newbie

actually, the shut down happens when you *first receive* a text message...Which, I imagine a lot of people do.

Nice one, Dell!

If you have a dell optiplex GX520 and a mobile phone try this but save your work first !

By putting the phone near the cdrom drive it will automatially go in to some weird stand by >>>when you recieve a sms/txt<<< and you cant bring it back to live if you dont shut it down first (either by cutting power or holding down power button for four seconds)

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Definitely not a Class A electronic device, but of course many computer companies no longer strive for that blessing.