Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
So I had been planning on buying a iPad Pro since beginning of the year and was finally about to buy and now MacMall as of Feb 1 charge sales tax in every state. I might as well go to the Apple store at this point.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
Sooo, shop somewhere else? B&H doesn't collect from any other local taxes outside of NY. iPad Pros are in stock, today... Free shipping here in the US, too.

And, you're still supposed to pay local/state taxes anyway - it's the law in cities/states with sales taxes, but most people I know or read about seem to ignore those laws. MacMall is only doing what most of should be doing anyway. I'm an Oregonian, so pay no sales tax - but our income tax is on every buck we make, and it's higher by far than most sales taxes. Not picking nits with you, just offering what consumers are supposed to do regardless of the state lived in...

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Its going to get harder and harder to skirt the idea of paying sales tax. As States look to recoup lost income, they're going after online retailers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.