Ashcroft and Calico Cats

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sayhey, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I have no idea if any of this is true, but it made me laugh. I originally heard it on Air America and did a google search to find this:

link

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

to solve this mystery, i suggest we hop in a van, drive to DC and present mr. ashcroft w/ first a white cat (the control), then a calico (the experiment).

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

4. numediaman macrumors 6502a

The other side:

Calico Cats Admit Fear of Attorney General
    April 2, 2002
    By Gil Christner

A new poll of calico cats across the country reveals that a great majority of them are deathly afraid of Attorney General John Ashcroft, many of them stating that he is, in fact, a sign of the Devil.

A poll conducted by CNN/Time/Cat Fancy Magazine show that over 52% of the calico cats questioned feel very afraid of the Attorney General, and 36% are somewhat afraid. In addition, cats of other varieties and colors also admit to a high "disliking or feeling of avoidance towards" Mr. Ashcroft.

"Most calicos, while not necessarily religious by nature, just feel a tremendous fear when confronted with the idea of John Ashcroft," said Kitty Kelly, author of ***** Galore to Socks: The History of Felines in Political Intrigue. Miss Kelly, who is not related to, but often confused with the unofficial biographer of Nancy Reagan, insists that while very few cats even believe in the Devil, the image of the Attorney General unrestrained by the Constitution or other laws of the land is enough to send most felines into a Pentecostal delirium.

"I've seen calicos lose control of their bowels when confronted by the idea of meeting Mr. Ashcroft," Miss Kelly said. "And for a creature that habitually buries its feces, that can be a very embarrassing situation . . .

http://www.democraticunderground.com/articles/02/04/p/02_calico.html

By the way, the XXXXX word is a synonym for cat, and was x-ed out automatically by Macrumors.

5. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Very funny! Thank you, numediaman.​