Ashton Kutcher's 'Jobs' Film to Launch on August 16

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 12, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Wrap reports that Ashton Kutcher's film "Jobs" will now debut on August 16 in the United States. The film, which premiered at the Sundance Music Festival in late January to mixed reviews, had been scheduled for an April 19 wide release, but was delayed.
    "Jobs", which stars Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs and Josh Gad as Steve Wozniak, is one of several Jobs-related films in the works or already released. Back in April, rumor site Funny or Die released a rather poorly received "iSteve" comedy film starring Justin Long, who had played the "Mac" character in Apple's long-running "Mac vs. PC" ad campaign.

A third film is being written by Aaron Sorkin and is the official adaptation of Jobs' authorized biography by Walter Isaacson. The film, which is still in the early stages of development, is planned to encompass three 30-minute scenes showing Jobs backstage just prior to the launches of the original Mac, NeXT, and the iPod.

Article Link: Ashton Kutcher's 'Jobs' Film to Launch on August 16

2. macrumors 6502

street.cory

Whether these films are done with well intention or not, I'll be glad when these films are finally released and people can stop monetizing Steve's death.

3. macrumors 65816

Tankmaze

Already forgot about this movie. The longer they delay, the little I have interest with this.

4. macrumors newbie

5. macrumors 65816

Santabean2000

I don't know why, but I will prob watch this film; oddly compelled perhaps.

Waiting for Aaron really tho.

6. macrumors 68030

macs4nw

There's still not a whole lotta buzz yet, afaict, but I'm still curious to see it.

7. macrumors member

"Yeey, finally..." lol

8. macrumors 6502

BruceEBonus

9. macrumors 6502a

JayCee842

I can't take Ashton Kutcher serious, so I probably won't even watch it.

10. macrumors 68000

SPUY767

Replace the word "Film" with "Abortive attempt at cinema," and you'd be a bit closer to the mark.

11. macrumors member

Wasn't this movie titled "jOBS" or something like that?

12. macrumors 65816

DisMyMac

It will be difficult to watch, but the world needs to know who Steve Jobs really is... That monster! :mad:

13. macrumors 68040

ValSalva

As long as the film producers put a good amount of effort into it I'll go see it. Jobs remains a fascinating figure. I don't think there will be a documentary or movie about him I won't be able to avoid watching.

14. macrumors 6502

Kutcher would be more suited to play a village idiot than one of the most charismatic public figure of recent times.

15. macrumors 68000

RawBert

Definitely watching this. Big fan of Steve Jobs. :cool:

16. macrumors 65816

iSamurai

How do you know you'll like in this movie if you've never even seen it? :D

17. macrumors 65816

bacaramac

You realize this will never stop. Look at history and people that had a big influence, people never stop talking about them and creating shows or monetizing on what they did.

I see nothing wrong with this and rather enjoy different perspectives on someones life. Not a big history person, but I enjoy watching shows on how things were created and changed by people.

18. macrumors newbie

Kutcher

Ashton Kutcher should not be put in a role like this, ever! His voice is so goofy sounding, he just cannot be taken seriously in a real role like this. Noah Wyle's rendition of Steve Jobs in the 99' made for TV movie, "Pirates of Silicone Valley", was more compelling, and...that is not saying much.

19. macrumors regular

Honestly this movie is a joke... Why Ashton Kutcher and Co. were in such a rush to make this movie is beyond me. Sony pictures bought the rights to the jobs biography right when it came out and they've been talking about Aaron Sorkin writing the screenplay ever since.

Seriously... Who is going to make a better movie: Ashton Kutcher or Aaron Sorkin??

Thats a no brainer...

20. macrumors 6502

street.cory

I enjoy learning about Steve's life and will probably watch both movies but it just seemed like a race to see who could get a movie about him released. I'm sure within the next 15 years, we'll see many more films, documentaries, and books about him. But by then it won't be seen as such a money grab.

And at the same time I understand that if they didn't release their version soon, the audience wouldn't be nearly as large. I just hope they did their research and stayed reasonable when they start to adapt the story to film.

21. macrumors 603

troop231

Still wish Noah Wyle got the part instead of Kutcher. Long live Pirates of Silicon Valley :cool:

22. macrumors member

waaa

This doesn't even make sense. It's like saying I wish the Beatles albums were never sold again because we're monetizing Lennon's death.

The most influential people always get bigger when they die, because they can no longer make any mistakes, and we are supposed to only remember them for the good they did.

23. macrumors 601

BornAgainMac

Two superman movies this year.

24. macrumors 65816

only fanboys will rush to see the movie

i would never spend a penny to watch Ashton Kutcher :rolleyes:

25. macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation