Asia Tsunami Videos

Discussion in 'Community' started by Brevity, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Brevity macrumors newbie

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I tried to view all four of your listings, none of them would work. The first two were AOL HTML errors. The other two no connection.

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

i only got the first one to work. pretty good.

its a pc world out there

4. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

5. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

they all loaded but seemed very long, I have seen some great ones on cnn. Also non-english speaking made it hard to sit through. But thanks for the links.

6. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

the first one worked but VLC wouldn't play all of it and the other three downloaded but wouldn't work :( .

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

that's just nuts....watching that old couple get washed away - I wonder if they survived....

Very sad....

D

8. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

you have to have WMP on your system for them to work

9. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Man, those videos are scary. I have a friend vacationing in Phuket right now and I've been trying to contact her for the last two days but I'm getting no response. Kinda worrying... :(

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That's what I was thinking.

...Along with, "Why wasn't this guy running for high ground instead of taking videos?"

In that fifth video, you see some guy standing on the beach watching the waves come in. Then you see him being knocked over by the first wave. You lose sight of him after that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was drowned/swept out to sea.

Creepy.

11. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

I have a friends that no one can contact at this point. We are all praying it is a communication breakdown, it is difficult to get access to information and are holding our breath. I have friends back in Australia who are also waiting for news on coworkers and their friends.

I find it hard to watch the news feeds of the home video of the tsunami (due to the fact you almost know for sure that the people in the videos have not survived) but like most people I am drawn in by the 'thrill'. It is human nature, but i would never say the videoa are 'great' - I feel for the families and friends of the expected 100,000+ individuls who have lost their lives, a large number of whom are reported to be children.

Apple, thank you for your website message.

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

yes i have it, but avi's open in the browser and i always get a message that there is no codec to play it.

13. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Does anyone have mirrored links or other sources? My company's filtering software blocks this video because its linked to "Weapons". I guess the tsunami in the title makes it seem as such.

Anyway, it would be appreciated.

14. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Yeah, I'll definitely be sending my money to the Red Cross or another relief agency in the next little while. Watching the videos is really creepy when you actually have friends or neighbors vacationing in the region.

Luckily, I just found out yesterday that my friend made it out of Phuket a day before the tsunami struck (whew) but my two neighbors are still unaccounted for.