Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
I know iOS 7 has new security features to prevent theft. If I upgrade my iPhone 4 to iOS 7 now, will I be able to trade it in to Best Buy in a couple days towards an iPhone 5/c/s? I've tried calling stores to ask but they never pick up their phone. (This is in Canada where Apple itself doesn't do trade-ins.)

Yes, just make sure that you disable Find my iPhone before trading it in, and also wipe all of your info before doing so.

MiniMi

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2011
Could be a problem with Apple's servers. Did you try wifi and cellular?

my iPhone 5 has a transparent dock. Which phone do you have?

----------

double click to scroll through your apps, and flick the window up.

Ok, thanks. Knew it was going to be something easy.

RobbyIdol

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
Regarding the Music app:

I think it's neat looking how the Artist list shows an image of the artist or album to the left of their name as you scroll through. However, some artists have an album cover and others a unique image of the band/singer. All of this seems chosen by Apple/iTunes somehow.

How are the images that represent each artist's folder chosen? Can I select them on my own somehow?

I don't use iCloud, if that helps.

lnferno

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
In notification center, I used to get the weather, but now I don't. What do I need to do to get my weather back in the notification center? :confused:

heyjessej

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
I have no idea where to ask this so I'm happy this thread is here haha.

Was it faster for everyone to download OTA or through iTunes? Because right now I keep getting around 40 hours of wait time, it event went up to 140 hours :eek:!!! If it doesn't improve, I was going to try it again around 12 or 1 when not as many people are trying to download.

DowdyFick

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2013

Was it faster for everyone to download OTA or through iTunes? Because right now I keep getting around 40 hours of wait time, it event went up to 140 hours :eek:!!! If it doesn't improve, I was going to try it again around 12 or 1 when not as many people are trying to download.

Faster through itunes.

hendooman

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
KC

OTA, did two devices in 15-20 minutes, iTunes was 60 minutes on 3rd

Powrie

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Check the contrast option in accessibility settings.

I just turned the contrast setting on and it made the bar look more pink / grey then just grey.

This is a SS of what my Dock looks like:

2e0tdgk.png

G4brat

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2007
How to play videos continuously?

Hello, In iOS6, while listing all the tv episodes of a season, there was a "play" icon on the top RH side. If you hit that, it would play all the episodes continuously. I don't see a way to do it in iOS7. Any way to do that in iOS7?
TX

LevMac

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2008
QLD, Australia
Hey guys :)
On iPad, after you have asked Siri a question and it comes up with the answer/reply, I've tried exiting out of it using the 4 finger gesture to go back to the Home screen but it doesn't do it?

And yes I know you can press the home button to go back lol

LessO2

macrumors regular
May 20, 2012
Is there a way to erase the list of Apps that have already downloaded in the App Store Update tab?

portishead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
I just turned the contrast setting on and it made the bar look more pink / grey then just grey.

This is a SS of what my Dock looks like:

Try a different image. It might be because It's blurring the black part and turning it to grey.

----------

Is there a way to erase the list of Apps that have already downloaded in the App Store Update tab?

No you can't. You can't even close the info after you select it.

----------

In notification center, I used to get the weather, but now I don't. What do I need to do to get my weather back in the notification center? :confused:

My weather is also not there. It used to be. I'm not sure to be honest.

btrav13

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2010
Oklahoma
In the App Store, under updates, it's showing everything I've updated today with the option to open that app. How do I clear all of those updated apps out of that window?

portishead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
In the App Store, under updates, it's showing everything I've updated today with the option to open that app. How do I clear all of those updated apps out of that window?

You can't. It even keeps history for like a week or something. I'm not sure the exact time, or number of apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.