Asking Siri to add a reminder to a specific list at a specific time

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AnthonyFlower, Nov 9, 2011.

1. macrumors member

I'm having trouble with the wording to get Siri to do something that should be simple.

I can add a reminder at a specific time and it defaults to a project specific reminders list rather than the one called reminders.
    I can add a reminder to a specific list by naming the list

I can't add it to a specific list and specify a time as it then adds it to the calendar, not the reminders

So how do I phrase this to get it to work:

add 'feed the fish' to my 'reminders' reminders list for 10am tomorrow.

Alternatively, can I set a default reminders list, the one it picked is completely random, it's not the original iPhone one, it's not the newest, it's not the oldest, it's not the last one I used, it's not first or last alphabetically, but Siri insists on putting all reminders on it.

Thanks in advance.

2. macrumors 6502

For me I do it as a two step process. I need to order some medicine for my dogs today. I have three lists in Reminders: Tasks (which is synced from my work exchange account), Personal, and Pets. My default list is Personal.

So I say to Siri: "Remind me at 9:30 to order medicine."
    Siri: "Ok, here's your reminder for 9:30 AM. Shall I create it?", and the reminder is displayed.
    Me: "Put it on my pets list"
    Siri: "Ok, I can add this to your 'Pets' list in Reminders. Shall I create it?", and the reminder is displayed again.
    Me: "Yes"
    Siri: "Ok, I'll remind you."

After this I now have a reminder on my Pets list for 9:30 AM today which says "Order medicine."

3. thread starter macrumors member

Thank you!

I never thought to add instructions when it got to the final 'shall i create it', i just assumed that would only take a yes or a no!

4. macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

This is great, I was having trouble with the flow there as well.

5. macrumors newbie

6. macrumors regular

You should never need to say this. There's no reason it shouldn't have been on there to begin with.

7. macrumors 6502a

Can you add multiple bullet items on the grocery list, instead of just one item at a time?

8. macrumors newbie

Shortcut to list

U can add to list directly (one step)by saying : " add to [list_Name]"