ASP/Sequel Server tools for OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tuartboy, May 29, 2006.

1. tuartboy macrumors 6502a

May 10, 2005
    Does anyone know if there are any tools for MS web development on OS X? I am taking a consulting job far away from here and want to just take my PB to work on outside the office. I know I can write my own rules for textmate, but it sure would be great if someone could point me to something better.

Also, is there an Enterprise Manager-type program for OS X to allow me to run Sequel Server? Long shot, I know.

Wow, I hate ASP...

Thanks, guys.
  2. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    You can get ASP to talk to MySQL (cross-platform) instead of SQL Server, although I don't know whether that would be appropriate for your particular situation.

I believe that Mono can serve ASP, but I've never tried it and again I can't guarantee that it'll be compatible with any systems you need to integrate with.

Edit: After re-reading your question, do you need to host ASP and SQL, or just connect to and develop for existing servers?
  3. tuartboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

May 10, 2005
    The server we built for them is running IIS and MS Sequel Server (not my choices if you couldn't guess). I am wondering if there are any development tools on the OS X platform for working with these technologies.