Aspect ratio ANYTHING from iTunes Store?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Shacklebolt, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Shacklebolt macrumors 6502a

Shacklebolt

Okay, does anyone know how I can out find the aspect ratios of the FILES we download from iTunes? I'd like to know before I buy the 5th season of 24 if it's 16/9 or cut down to 4/3.

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

You can read the reviews. Sorting by most recent, on the first page:

"However, I wish Apple would make these episodes available in widescreen format."

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Note also that 16:9 from iTunes means lower resolution than 4:3 since the horizontal resolution is fixed at 640 pixels. so for 4:3 you get 640x480 and for 16:9 you'd get 640x360.... Effectively 33% less resolution in the 4:3 section of the frame.

B

4. Shacklebolt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shacklebolt

Did anyone ever figure this out? I just asked for a simple yes or no.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Have you tried just double clicking on a few episodes and viewing the 30s previews?

B

6. Shacklebolt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shacklebolt

Grrrr.

You know, someone said earlier that paying for a movie off the iTMS that you can't hold may not be entirely worth it. Now, I very badly want season 5 of 24, but I just can't bring myself to do it if they can't even give you the show in the full aspect ratio. It's a shame especially since the quality is just so much better now.