Aspen - rotate hardware

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by kamo, Mar 21, 2008.

1. macrumors member

Hello,

I can't figure out how to enable hardware rotation for my app in Aspen. I looked though all the examples, none of those you can rotate either (in Aspen -> Hardware / Rotate Left or Right.)

Does anyone know how to enable this?

Thanks,
    kamo

2. macrumors 6502a

It may be one of the features that is not implemented in the Beta yet ***cough***Interface Builder***cough***.

3. macrumors demi-god

fishkorp

The app has to specifically allow for rotation. For example, the simulator will rotate in Safari, but not in most of the sample apps. There's code for that. I don't think we're allowed to post actual examples, are we? Doesn't that violate the terms you agreed to when downloading the SDK?

4. thread starter macrumors member

Could you pm the code to me?

5. macrumors 6502

I've played with this. You need to implement shouldRotateBlahBlahBlah: (sorry, no docs on this computer to get the proper name) in your view controller. All you need to do is add the method and return YES. One thing I found (and it took me a while to work this out) is that if you have a toolbar, you need to implement this in all view controllers run by that toolbar. Until I did that, nothing would rotate at all.

BTW, there's a WhichWayIsUp sample which shows a simple rotating view.

6. thread starter macrumors member

thanks cazlar